Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 01-29-2003, 03:11 PM   #1
kelsner

Re-bath

I'm so very afraid to post this question concerning plastic tub liners installed by the Re-Bath franchise. I'm hoping someone out there can give me some good or even OK news. I was messing around in the bathroom the other day and noticed that when I pressed on the wall of our tub liner, there's a distinct water swishy sound going on in there. There's water trapped b/w the liner and tub!!. Now, they have a lifetime warranty but, as the liner was installed by a previous owner, I know what they're going to say about that. Their advertising states the patent number of their patented procedure for installation. I checked it out and it states many many times that the procedure will produce an "impregnable" "permanent" seal b/w old tub and liner with this flowable silicone stuff they've developed. So, someone who owned our house payed alot of money to have a permanent impregnable seal applied using a patented technique. Even if I did something wrong when retiling the bathroom (improper seal around tub/tile) water still should n't be able to get in there, right?? Who thinks I've got a case? Anyone ever experience this or have any idea what might happen to the H20 in there.
kelsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-29-2003, 07:39 PM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
I really don't know. I've heard of liners, but I've never seen one. Lifetime guaranty? Oh, sure.

And if you're not the original party, I doubt you have a case, however, we do have a legal beagle attached to this site by name of Nick da Lawyer. If you do a search you may be able to find him. But even if you succeed, Nick won't give you a guarantee.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2003, 04:49 AM   #3
Sonnie Layne
Da Poet

C'mon John...

Don't we have someone on the forum here from PA????

You might do a search, well uhhh, we used to have a search engine, where did it go? (we just upgraded)

Hmmm, don't see the search thingy, but if you'll pull up a list of members and scroll around, it just seems to me we've got tile setters in your area. Or at least maybe someone will have heard of that company and the materials they use.

That "squish squish" sound ain't rignt, tho, no matter what they feed you for lunch.
Sonnie Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2003, 07:15 AM   #4
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
The search is up at the top right side of the page. It says "search."

JC is in the Pittsburgh area.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase