Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 01-23-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Hazmat

Question John: Where is your business located?

I've been lurking around this site for about a year now. Preparing to do a shower install this spring, and have learned an incredible amount from you. Done lots of wall and a few counters/backsplashes...time for bigger and really expensive things...hope it's better.

I'm going to be in Houston in a couple of weeks, and would like to visit your store (?). I've been to the Bass Pro Shops in Katy, where are you from there? Do you do retail sales on such things as niches, etc? Can't find a local vendor up here, and might be in the market. Probably could stand to pick up a copy of your book as well. That way, I can balance off the shelf, where Michael Byrnes' book sits.....but it's way on the other end!
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-25-2003, 10:41 AM   #2
flatfloor
"da Leveler"

Hi Hazmat, no store but you could buy him a beer!

This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.

Tile Calculator
New Here? Read this!
flatfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2003, 01:53 PM   #3
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hazmat,

I don't have a store, but I'll sell you anything you want to buy.

Where is "up here"?

I don't know if I can make it on the same shelf with Michael. He likes to do everything by the "book."

John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2003, 02:35 PM   #4
sooze

hmmm....don't you mean "BUY the book!?"
sooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 01:22 PM   #5
Hazmat

Thumbs up ...up here is...

...coldner'n he** right now. S.E. Iowa, but I get to Texas fairly regularly. This is work related, but I always try to fit something interesting into any business trip. Some of the things others take for granted are just not that widely available here in small town Iowa.

For example, shower pan membranes, and associated dams. Can't find 'em, and you might say, just go to H.D....great, closest one is 2 hours one way...and that one is in a relatively small town in Illinois. Local plumbing supply house actually knew what the "2-piece clamping style drain" I wanted was, but had never actually seen one or ordered for ANYONE! They did get me one, however, they don't even have a supplier for the membrane, but he's looking...

Tile stores in the area (at least 3, so far) I've check with, nobody's heard of Ditra, but at least one gal had actually heard the name Schluter....

Oh well, I just keep plodding along, gathering my supplies months in advance of when I'll need them, so that hopefully I have everything accumulated by the time I get started.

Just thought if there was a store, I could stop in and visit and introduce myself. Thanks anyway.
Unread 01-27-2003, 02:15 PM   #6
Sonnie Layne
Da Poet

I don't know John.... the guy's name is Hazmat... you might reconsider Could be an EPA agent investigation all that thinset that's showing up in the canal. Hey, just lookin' out for ya
Sonnie Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 02:18 PM   #7
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

Heck Man Iowa's in the tropics Cmon up north sometime so we can get you acclimated Grand Rapids MN was a balmy -6 degrees this morning with 30 below wind chills. Almost a good day for fishin
tileguytodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 05:45 PM   #8
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Give us a first name, hazmat.

If you need something, let me know before you come. As you probably know, Houston is not really a tourist town, but we do happen to be the largest tile and products port in the U.S. It it's not in Dallas, it's here and visa versa.

If you need Ditra, there are people here who will ship you some at cost. Ask and ye shall recieve.

Just don't ask for free beer. We'll run you off.
Unread 01-31-2003, 08:08 AM   #9
Hazmat

Talking Free beer??? Wouldn't think of it...

Sorry for the delayed response, but hadda work for a livin'. Actually spend more time in the safety/enviro./insurance/haz mat field (name's Matt) thus the nickname. Remodeling is a sideline, for some cash and actual enjoyment.

I promise, I wouldn't sic the EPA on ya' (they don't even have a reward system, anyway LOL).

I may be in the market for some Ditra, it may not be necessary. I'll look into that a little later in the project. Getting the whole basement measured for carpet this weekend (except the bathroom, which has to wait for a little higher cash flow). Normally, I'd just install in myself, but I'm out of town the next 2 weeks, and Momma's getting anxious. It will be nice to just come home, and it's done, I guess.

Thanks - talk at ya' later.

Matt Clark
Unread 01-31-2003, 07:11 PM   #10
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Let us know if we can help, Matt.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase