Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Old 03-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #1
smifwal

little tile vs big tile

My customer picked a 4"x12" marble look porcelain polished. She has a
4-'x3'x8' ,3 wall shower. Distributore says that it is on backorder with no ETA for a production date. They have a honed in the 4x12 but I am almost sure she looked at them and went with the polished. The honed is cheaper than the polished. In this same line the have a 24"x48" which we ordered to cut up and do around the jacuzzi tub and the curb in 3 pieces. I think they have plenty of the 24"x48" at the warehouse to do the shower,tub and the curb. The big ones per sqft are cheaper then the little ones not buy much so she wouldn't be spending more money but I was thinking (Shit always goes wrong at this point ) Should I try to talk her into a 12 piece shower. She is the most easy going lady who might go for it. My thinking here was she would still get the polished and it would be way easier to install, and it would look awesome. What would you do? I thought I might pitch her the big boys and if she shot that down then move on to the honed and if that failed the have her start searching for a new tile
Old 03-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #2
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

It's hard for us to say. In my opinion, if they don't have any polished in stock and they don't even have a date of when they plan to make more of it, they shouldn't even have it in the showroom. But, I guess some folks will wait for it. I would rule out the polished, myself and try to get her to find something else. I wouldn't force the honed on her if she didn't really like it, I would tell her to keep searching.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #3
smifwal

They took the order and everything so I think they were as surprised about it as I was. You don't like the idea about 4 full pieces on each wall?
Old 03-27-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
smifwal

How do I delete this thread or if someone could delete it for me

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase