Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 08-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
J-Cred

Anyone Want to Install For me in NJ?

Hi all,

I recently had a guy come out who was wanting to lay down wire on the 2nd floor. I have never heard of such a process before. I knew I wanted to use strictly backerboard. After doing research on this, I came across this method found on here. As you are aware it is the Jersey Mud Job.

I know a lot on here do not recommend this due to it not being a TCNA standard (unless it is thickset).

Anyone interested in installing approximately 800 sq ft of large format plank tile in a brand new built home on the 1st floor and 2nd floor?

I go to settlement on August 23rd and I am looking for this to be started on August 24th or around that time.

I am located in South Jersey; Sicklerville, NJ.

I have the tile already and grout. I can pick up the rest of the supplies (mortar & backerboard) if needed.

I am not sure if Ditra will save enough in labor to offset the cost of installing CBU.

Let me know. Thanks
Unread 08-14-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
tilelayer
South East PA Tile Contractor

Jeff

Good luck finding an installer on short notice. I would try to local tile shops you may get lucky. Right now in this area most decent mechanics are booked out 3-4 months.

Best of luck

***New Here?? Click here to add your name to your signature***

Check out my Blog and see my latest tiling projects!

Specializing in Kerdi Showers
tilelayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase