Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 08-13-2022, 12:20 AM   #1
Linda74

Thoughts on Starlike EVO Epoxy Grout?

Do any of you helpful folks have any experience with Starlike EVO Epoxy Grout? It seems to be the easiest epoxy grout to find in my area, and somewhat less expensive than some other options, and it has good reviews on the sites where it's sold. But I'm not seeing any mention of it here or on the other forums I look at, so I'm wondering if there are downsides I should be aware of.
Thanks!
Linda
Unread 08-13-2022, 07:47 AM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

I've never heard of it, Linda. New, perhaps? Just recently available in this country, perhaps? Dunno. I've not even heard of Litokol, the apparent manufacturer. Appears to be exclusively distributed by Tile Doctor, which would make me a little uneasy, but that's a personal matter.

I couldn't find any information on testing to ANSI Standards and I'm not sufficiently familiar with ISO standards to make a comparison.

Perhaps someone else will be familiar with the product.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2022, 09:58 AM   #3
Tile & Stone Guild
King Of Tile

I’ve used it only once because that is what was spec’s. Didn’t have any issues installing or cleaning. I still prefer Laticrete, I know the track record from 30 yrs of use.

That’s not a endorsement of Starlike, just I didn’t have a problem. I picked it up at HD.
Unread 08-14-2022, 12:58 PM   #4
Linda74

Thanks CX and Jeff. I found a place not too far away that carries Spectralock Pro, so I think I'll just go with that.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase