Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
SenecaC

How would you seal and then maintain White Bianco Carrara Honed Tile in a shower?

Stall shower with bianco carrara honed hex tiles in shower floor, carrara marble threshold, white subway tile on walls and ceiling and mosaic accent with mixed stone and glass at the 5" height.

(1) What should I seal the floor with and should I also seal the curb piece?
(2) What process should I use (contractor suggested sealing it once, waiting 24 hours and applying another coat regardless of instruction on sealant!)
(3) What products should I use to clean the walls and shower trim (chrome) vs. the floors and curb? It seems like most products that work well to clean tile and chrome say NEVER let it touch natural stone. I don't mind using two products but there must be something out there that can be used to clean one thing without harming the other? Especially the wall tile and chrome trim. I am sure I can clean the floor and curb without getting cleaning product on the walls or trim.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase