Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 01-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #1
alianton

Drywall Powder on Unsealed Grout

Hi - My husband and I recently tiled the top of our tub (and didn't seal it) and then had a drywaller come to do the walls. He did not cover the tub area and left heaps of mud over certain areas of the tiles, including the grout. I tried to remove the mud, but it left white powdery marks in the grout. Look like crap. I'm thinking we should stain the grout and then seal it. Is this correct? And if so, what brands are recommended for staining and sealing?
Unread 01-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

The mud could have caused moisture to penetrate. Best bet would be to post a photo before sealing it. It should be properly cleaned before sealing it down.

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
alianton

Thanks. What would it mean to properly clean it? I vacuumed the dust up as best I could, and then (gulp) used a hardly wet towel to see if the dust would come up. It didn't.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase