Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 09-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #646
Topspin
SchluterUgrad

Good luck on that T3. Mine cuts with little chipping however it won’t cut a straight line in porcelain. I have to do a light pass to score the tile and repeat with multiple passes slightly deeper each time just to keep it in the same line. Pretty flexible thin kerf’d blade. Mine has a torque steer leftward as you push tile through it. Wouldn’t Expect yours to be any different. But who knows.

Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2018, 08:32 AM   #647
cx
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
Still, the stock blade is not good at all. It is WAY too flexible in itself for porcelain.
Perhaps they've changed blade styles since I purchased my DeWalt, Wolfgang, but I did not find the stock blade to be excessively flexible at all. In fact, I was impressed that the blade was actually pretty usable because I've gotten accustomed to DeWalt wood saw blades being very poor overall.

Your T3 Razor is certainly not going to be more rigid than the blade that came stock on my DeWalt 24000.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #648
makethatkerdistick

CX, the 10 in stock blade has relief cuts that make the continuous rim more flexible, rendering it virtually segmented. The 7 in DeWalt blades don't have these segments. They are truly continuous. When I googled the blade, reviews came up that confirmed my own experience. It's not just me.

I've been cutting porcelain with the stock blade. When doing rip cuts I end up with the first and the last inch of my cut slightly bowed out of shape. It's minimal but noticeable. Most of these cuts will not be exposed in my final installation. But for visible cuts, I find that blade unacceptable. I haven't cut ceramic yet but I assume it will be better since the material is so much softer.

As regards the T3 Razor with the thicker core, it doesn't seem to have these cuts along the rim. I shall see how it performs. Having said that, we might be talking about different blades, depending on when you bought your DeWalt saw.

I am talking about this blade:
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW4764.../dp/B002JAQCBK

Kevin, I just saw your post. Well, that doesn't sound too encouraging about the T3 Razor. Maybe one has to get used to scoring and then going deeper continually. I've been doing that anyway with sensitive cuts.

Last edited by makethatkerdistick; 09-12-2018 at 10:08 AM.
makethatkerdistick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #649
Mr_Stop
Home Remodeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by makethatkerdistick
My DeWalt saw has the following problem: The entire cart is positioned too far to the left with respect to the blade. The blade has ground off the paint on the right side of the notch for the straight cut. This currently works fine for straight cuts but if I were to use the notch for the 45 deg. and 22.5 deg. cuts, I would run into the cart's fence.

The entire cart would have to be positioned about an 1/8 in to the left. How can I do that? The saw actually cuts straight. The manual doesn't address this problem. I can adjust the stop screw for the miter cuts such that the blade is slightly backing off the notch. However, if I were to center the blade that way within the notch, it certainly wouldn't be true anymore, i.e. not sitting at a 90 deg. angle.
I had a similar issue on my new saw. I tried to adjust the table tracks/cart, but there is a pin which limits its travel left to right and just allows the table to more or less pivot. I took it to the local DeWalt service center and found that the blade was not at 90 degrees to the bed. After they adjusted it to 90 degrees, the blade was more towards the center.

I also have the T3 blade and have found that, as Kevin mentions, you have to make a couple of light scribe passes to get it to cut a straight line. I haven't tried any other blades, so I'm not sure if it is unique to the T3 or not. Another tip is to plunge the blade at the end of the cut to avoid the end tailing or breaking in a bad way. Here's a video that someone posted earlier in the thread about the "Dewalt Dip" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ELF2TsGBRo

Last edited by Mr_Stop; 09-17-2018 at 07:04 AM.
Mr_Stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #650
t.a.design2017

Best ideas for wheels on the tile stand? Not sure if it has been asked.
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Attached Images

Last edited by jgleason; 11-21-2018 at 10:05 PM.
t.a.design2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #651
Topspin
SchluterUgrad

Wheels?

Set it up, use it, toss it in the van when done.
Set it up, use it, toss it in the van when done.
Rinse, repeat.

If mine had wheels on it, then I would have to invent a secondary pan to catch all the splashing water for when I move it.

Rather than wheels, can’t they just make the stand out of titanium? And while they’re at it just make the balance of the saw out of titanium and carbon fiber. Long as were wishing!

Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2018, 11:25 PM   #652
t.a.design2017

Mainly for bigger jobsites so I don't drag it around or break it down and repeat. I was thinking wheel lockers too. But I agree with weight

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
t.a.design2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2018, 05:47 AM   #653
tilemanct
Tile & Stone

Just get yourself some small plant pot dolly's for moving saw around.

CTEF Certified Installer
I lost my hero on 5-21-16 You will be missed. Semper Fi
tilemanct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #654
Gozo

Or a larger mover’s dolly with a cut sheet of plywood on top. Use it when needed, otherwise leave it in the truck.
Unread 12-02-2018, 01:06 PM   #655
BobbyNorthSouth

Has anyone accidentally stripped their middle wheel adjustment screw?

I managed to strip the head, and can't find a tool long enough to fit down into the tray to reach the head and then bite into the screw to remove the darn thing.

Anyone already solve this problem?
Unread 01-28-2019, 09:51 AM   #656
ernpl

Left rollers aligments D24000

I have problem with my dewalt D24000 before i return to warranty service i want ask you for help

Please check photos that i send you . 3 rolls on right side , how you se on photo last one does not reach the rail, aslo how you se, when i take off trolley and put black spirit level to 3 rolley on right side , there is gap on last one. The center roler is lower than two other, Can anyone please check that your made in USA d24000 have 3(right) roller in this same line and all bo by rail wit no gap, Thanks for help ,

Best Reg.

Ern
Attached Images

Unread 03-06-2019, 04:29 PM   #657
BobbyNorthSouth

ErnPl, check out this adjustment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHbP...ature=youtu.be

Edited to add: The video may not solve your problem, per se, but it is useful for illustrating the use of a known straight-edge to determine whether the wheels are aligned in both axis'.

Last edited by BobbyNorthSouth; 03-07-2019 at 11:12 AM.
BobbyNorthSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2019, 10:08 AM   #658
Hombyfriday

Dewalt D24000 cutting bowed tile

I’m halfway through a tile job and out of nowhere my saw started cutting 1/4” off. Made what I thought were the appropriate adjustment but it’s still off a bit and now there is a curve in the center of my cut tile. I read through a lot of this forum, but didn’t see anything about bowing. . My wheel closest to the fence is off the rail. Going to try shimming that, but would that be causing the curve? It also seems to be pulling really hard.
Unread 04-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #659
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

Put a square on the fence and see how aligned the blade is without running the saw. Bowed cuts usually is a problem with the blade.
Unread 07-12-2019, 11:55 PM   #660
bajabum

Right rollers aligments D24000

The right rollers on my table are not lined up evenly as the member ernpl tried to explain. His photos show how the three rollers do not ride evenly because they are not positioned on the table in a straight line. This makes no sense to me at all and there is no way to adjust these. On my saw the middle roller is machined into the table lower then the front and rear roller. At this point I have to ask myself if this is the quality of saw Dewalt is producing why I didn't save myself a few hundred bucks and by a Harbor Freight saw.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase