Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 05-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #481
gueuzeman

Saw Shack from Barwalt- base is like a shower pan liner, 40 or 60 mil, very tough.

They want you to put cement board inside the bottom to protect from punctures if a piece of tile falls. A good idea.

1/4" Hardibacker is also a big sponge, not that the D2400 throws much water.

Having the saw as close to the install is worth every dollar, also in a heated environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondon
Gueuze inspired me to get one
Tilejoe inspired me to get one.

gueuzeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #482
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

We have an order of 32 D24000S units coming in next week. I hope you guys are hungry because I'm playing Tetris in our warehouse to make sure we can fit them all.

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #483
Chad Deiter Company
Making Cents of It All

Send a message via Yahoo to Chad Deiter Company
Are these the new or refurbished ones ?
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #484
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

They are new Chad. We are negotiating some more refurbished ones at the moment but we'll let you all know when we get them again.

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #485
9thfloor

Huge thread. This may have been asked before but have these saws improved or what?

I'm only a helper, been working for half a year. Certainly not a lot of experience.

Thing is I've only seen these saws. Been on several commercial jobs (where multiple crews were used) and everyone has this saw. They're were 5 crews on these apartments. 3 or 4 on another. Every single crew.

Are the other bigger saws better for things like a retail store with tens of thousands of square feet?

Just curious!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
9thfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #486
The Kid

What it comes down to is that the dewalt has great user friendly features.

Is it the very best saw? Probably not, but I still stand by the philosophy of, I'd gladly buy a saw every 5 years that's got all the features and easy to use, rather then buy a saw that will last 20 years with barely any options and not so user friendly.

Cascade Tileworks,llc
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
WA Lic# CASCATL894QA
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #487
9thfloor

This saw has been able to do everything we've needed to do. A d24000, grinder and a rubi.

I was surprised when I read negative comments about it. So that's why I'm asking. Everyone I've seen has one.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
9thfloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #488
barradas23
Tile Magician

I currently own 2 dewalts a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old for some reason my newest one is underpowered, tried several blades such as zipper-t3-dewalt and still struggles through hard porcelain more than my older one
Anybody had this problem?
Was thinking of selling it on CL and get me a huskvarna but havent heard much positive comments on it so I hope I can just get this one going strong
innovating tile installation in austin tx....me vs fiberglass pans war
barradas23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #489
Kilauea
LT

Quote:
I currently own 2 dewalts a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old for some reason my newest one is underpowered, tried several blades such as zipper-t3-dewalt and still struggles through hard porcelain more than my older one
Anybody had this problem?
Was thinking of selling it on CL and get me a huskvarna but havent heard much positive comments on it so I hope I can just get this one going strong

Power source?Cord length?Water feed getting to the blade well(seee below about the black tubing)?Blade tightening?

This could be helpful to alot of us that are in the market.Ive owned mine for almost a year now.If it died tomorrow,I could care less.It cuts my tile straight,the tracks are aligned straight.I dont have to adjust chit.Frankly,I dont have time to be a machinist on my job.I have enough issues to deal with.

Yep.I battled Gueuze for years on how the D was a toy,and inferior to everything else.This was one of the biggest differences between us.I never wanted to give in....,..Its funny how things evolve.I use the D exclusively now.My lifeline depends on straight cuts.No matter what company.Yeah,Gueuze,I was the biggest a around.Stubborn and tunnel visioned.That was the way I was taught.One way.That Is the way I lived by until......Thanks Gueuze

Tangent- I have a Dewalt Fiber Cement Board shears that has been repaired 3 time.This has exceeded the actual cost of the tool!I know others who have owned this same tool without these problems.Am I seeing a pattern.

Back to topic..

Although I love the fact that that the D has maximum straight cutting prowess largely in behalf of the plunge feature it couldlve had some tweeks that couldve easily made it an advanced machine-

1.The arbor could be bigger.Their shouldve been a larger more expensive model.This is the most frustrating thing when I cant make a successful L or magnet cut due to ever growing tile sizes.

2.The cut guide.This f$#%^^kin piece of $h(^^!.Yeah,I said it.Thats what I say every time I try to tighten the goshdang piece of fudge...Really?I know Im not the only one.Yeah,yall know exactly what Im talkin about.The tightening.And then a competitive saw want to make an identical engineering failure.This is one of the biggest reasons that I dont comment on the other thread.Obvious flaw.An easy fix would be to have multiple hole to tighten when aligned with tray gaps.

3.Rubber tubes shooting water onto the blade.Yep,the black ones.I took the reg clear rubber tubing (the one that hooks up to the pump) and easily make superior ones.Razor,lighter,and needle nose pliers.A very easy and simple fix that couldve been made.(PM me and I will send you pics of the Franken hoses!)

4.Inch hash marks arent in sync on the rt and left

Yep,I use this saw daily and wander w in the hell were'nt these simple issues addressed?Very frustrarting.Yeah,I just said that,lol.

Its come down to this.Our field world virtually revolves around our cutting station.And this is what weve got.This is the machine that has risen above the rest,but is still falls short.

So,yep,Gueuze u were right.I made many jabs to u over the years on how "superior" another brand of saw was.And now I use the "inferior" saw.Kinda like the spacers u seen on the wood tile thread,lol.

Too bad you guys cant see his response...Ill get to enjoy that via text!!

2nd generation tile installer
Kilauea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #490
Topspin
SchluterUgrad

Say hi to one of the glue's that held this thing together.

Btw - welcome to the D club. Mine's some 3 yrs old an going strong. Got a number of water mgmt mods on mine. Still tracks straight with some English on long cuts. Can't believe that the plastic water catchers haven't broken off yet. So I'm still liking mine.

Topspin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:06 AM   #491
bctile601
Tile Contractor

I also own 2 DeWalts, and the old table / extension is better than the new one. Seems that the extension ( used most of the time ) is higher than the black rubber table. I began milling the aluminum extension down with crude fashion, but good results, needs more taken off still.

What is happening is especially diagonal cut are getting chipped edges and broken ends.

Tried the Beast saw and like the DeWalt much more ( except for the LED light )

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care

bctile.com
bctile601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #492
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
I too belong to the Double D club I had a few problems with my original one of little over 3 years old so I finally had to buy a new one and glad I did. The old one I just wore out, couple problems with the old one. The saw did not fit into the grooves on the tray no biggie. The ground fault plug went bad no biggie. The track on the left side the tray slides on was coming loosed, was able to tighten two of the 4. Last time I went to use it would not turn on, the switch? Time for new one and glad I did, love it as much as the first one.

If I can fix up the old one for about 250.00 I can have it around as a spare cause you never know when you might need a second one. At this point though I don't even know why it won't turn on. I guess the switch could be bad, need to get an electrician to look at it, working for one soon I will take it with

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #493
Chad Deiter Company
Making Cents of It All

Where can you fix it up ?
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #494
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
I would have to order the parts to be replaced and then have my electrician friend see why it won't turn on. Originally I was working at his home when the GFCI went bad and he found that. Just bought one at store and put it on. When I went online to look for parts I needed like the pan seems everything I needed was only back order so maybe all the problem I have had everyone else has had. Do I sink 250.00 into new parts or put that towards a new one? That is the question

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #495
Chad Deiter Company
Making Cents of It All

That's the question I have. The cart is my only issue. The rubber stuff has delaminated and is falling off. But a new cart just itself is like $350

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase