Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 10-13-2020, 07:42 PM   #5581
jadnashua
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

Hey, I have a heated garage, I'm retired, so I don't have to go out when the weather is nasty! Fresh snow is really pretty, and I live in a condo, so someone else plows and shovels (and cuts the grass in the summer). My vehicle can be heated or cooled by getting on the internet or from an app on my phone (no engine, all electric), so that can help, too. While west Texas isn't like what's in the eastern part, I got really bored with it getting 110 day after day on summers in El Paso. Spent a month in Taylor getting my pilot's license, and glad it was only May-June...wouldn't have wanted to be there in July-August! NH has heat and humidity, too, but it rarely lasts all that long, and each day is often different. Kuwait was a pain most of the year. Jordan was interesting, at least in Amman, as there were Roman ruins to explore, and being up on a plateau, the weather was much more moderate...if you wanted to get warm, the Dead Sea was an hour away, but the water is sort of slimy feeling. You can't walk in more than about crotch high as you start to float and tend to fall over! Germany was about the closest to NH. Korea was damn cold in the winter! I was in the army, and we had a communal shower house. My barracks was not attached. After one particularly cold day, I took a step outside to return, I was almost running...the first flip-flop froze to the concrete pad, as I took a step, and I had to peel it off the concrete to move...now, that's cold! the barracks was only about 25' away. Would have been ugly if I'd put my foot down!

ANyway, at least for now, I still like seasons, and don't relish it hot and humid.
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.
jadnashua is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase