Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 11-20-2022, 06:23 PM   #1
gmunz1279

Spectralock pro epoxy grout mixing question

Hi All,

For all those that have experience with Spectralock pro. Is the whole 9lb container of part c added to the ab container ? I saw some conflicting instructions saying 2.25 lbs of part c was required.. additionally the instructional video from laticrete only shows a small portion of the part c being added.

Thanks,
Unread 11-20-2022, 07:52 PM   #2
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

Yes, the full amount of Part C is added to the full A+B units. However, if you're doing wall work with tight grout joints (1/16th) they say you can withhold up to 10% of Part C. So I guess that would be up to 1lb
Unread 11-21-2022, 07:53 AM   #3
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Remember, too, Gordon, that Spectralock Premium Pro is available in two "sizes", a full unit and a "mini". I believe the part C for the mini's weighs around 2 pounds.

Regardless, as James says you mix all of A and B together and then add all of part C and mix that in (minus 10% if you wish).
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2022, 09:11 AM   #4
gmunz1279

Thanks,

My contractor is new to epoxy grouts and his english is quite poor so I just wanted to provide the right instructions for the mixing. Hopefully all goes well as the dry time and working time are both quite finicky.
Unread 11-21-2022, 11:50 AM   #5
makethatkerdistick

Concerning that the contractor is new to this grout. If not properly cleaned off during the grout’s curing window, you will be left with a messed-up installation.

Your contractor should only mix together part of the pack to see how it goes first. This grout will start to chemically cure as soon as the mix is established. Your contractor should get some experience with this time window first. Hence, my recommendation to make a smaller batch first.
Unread 11-21-2022, 12:51 PM   #6
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Making smaller batches from a full unit of Spectralock Pro Premium epoxy will require the ability to determine the ratios, careful measuring, and some small, sealable containers. Not something I would entrust to anyone not already familiar with the process, and a language barrier won't help.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase