Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 12-09-2020, 11:47 AM   #1
jdicrescenzo

Wondering about how to build out wall

I have remodeled my bathroom and after putting in the new tube and kerdi board I found on the long side of the tub I have a gap about 3/8s between wall and a tile when level my tile on my starting row. The is caused by a piece of strapping the tub required during install. The rest of the wall above this tile ledge at the tub the board is proper up and down. In Hindsight I should have used different strapping, used a 3/4 thick kerdi-board, or not put the strapping it at all.

In any case I am here and I am wondering how I deal with the 3/8s gap. I am thinking either just build out with a lot of mortar.

Or

Go buy a 3/8" sheet of kerdi board and layer it on top of the existing 1/2 sheet?

Thoughts???
Attached Images

Last edited by jdicrescenzo; 12-09-2020 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Updated pictures
jdicrescenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase