Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 09-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
aartrace

Jeffrey Court crackle glass tile mosaic-how to cut

I'm in the middle of doing a backsplash out of Jefffrey Court Benevolent Blend Mosaic tile, which is a combination of slate, and crackled glass over ceramic. The layer of crackle glass is very thin, and attempting to cut it with a standard wet saw blade results in the glass wanting to chip out back to where it last crackled. The same goes with using a diamond dremel blade (not quite as bad though). I'm about to go up and over the window, which will require a lot of cuts, but also have the time constraint of the owners come back into town tomorrow night (i.e.: can't order anything, or drive to the nearest big city for a new blade). Any suggestions? I read in several places on the forum that crazy glue was a good way to go....just put it on your cut line, and then scrape off the excess afterwards?? Thanks for any suggestions, I really appreciate it!
Tracy
Unread 09-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
BrJr

My Dad used to do stained glass windows. Sometimes he would cutcertain types of glass that appeared to have cracks in it. He would take masking tape and cover the glass piece front and back, then make his cut. He would also use a little oil on the blade.

Sorry if it's not much help, saw your post while asking a question myslef. good luck
Unread 09-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #3
Cain
Cain

Try a hand cutter.
I just did too crackle back splashes in a row. Neither were that brand tile, but cuts came out clean except u cuts around outlets. Outlet covers took care of that though.
Tape may work. Have fun.
Certified Tile Installer #362
Serving the metro Atlanta area

Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
Houston Remodeler
Pondering retirement daily

STAR Senior Contributor

try this

For when DIY isn't such a good idea...
Houston TX area Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

http://CabotAndRowe.com