Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 07-11-2019, 07:06 AM   #301
speed51133

Ali, want this: https://www.pfisterfaucets.com/bathr...mber=LG42-NB00 ?

No charge, just pay shipping.
Unread 07-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #302
Radas
Tile Newbie

Mike, hell yeah I'll take it. PM me your paypal address.

Jeff, that's good to know, I prefer a non-aerated stream of water although I hadn't really thought about it until you brought it up If I go with the Pfister faucet in Mike's link, I may end up with two aerated faucets. Either way, I dig the modern look.

Dan, Grohe products are awesome and if I didn't get a hell of a deal on a Delta rough-in and diverter, I would have gone that route although I don't remember if they had matte black or not... I checked online and looks like Delta Makes that (bottom) Trinsic faucet in chrome if you're still looking. They run $100-150/piece.

Having all the bathrooms done around the same time takes the stress away. Ours has a deep (non-jetted) soaking tub with a tile surround shower and is decent and all, however, I don't trust the builder's application of redguard on the CBU behind the tile and the tub/surrounding subfloor creaks real bad every time the shower is used. I have so much Kerdi left (ordered a 300ft roll on eBay last year) that it's a no-brainer. We've used the shower non-stop for a year, I'm not looking forward to the potential water damage I'll uncover.

..a new excuse to hoard tools
Radas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #303
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Yeah, I didn't go with Grohe because of the name, but because they seem to offer the only sliding bar mount system that doesn't get raked over the coals on quality and usability. I've got a Danzi sliding bar mount hand held in the basement bath and, as long as I don't touch it, it's fine. LOL. I do like the Danzi faucet I used in the basement, and it's very similar to the side valve Delta you pictured, but in chrome. For the master I ended up with beefy Kohler faucets in chrome, which are similar in style to the sconces. Not hung up on brand at all, but am on quality. Usually. LOL

I know exactly what you mean regarding the other bathroom. I already know mine's going to be a mess. Least it'll come apart easy!
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2019, 08:54 AM   #304
speed51133

Ali, PM sent. The faucet is yours.

If you do not like the aerated faucets, you can also change the aerator to a different type like a laminar flow one.

https://www.neoperl.net/oem/products...rs/stream.html

It is pretty simple and cheap.
Unread 07-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #305
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

I know Chrome and nickel finishes are durable I don't know about this Matt black coating? I think Grohe used to make things solid brass heavy duty even though they didn't plan very well for mounting flanges in things on many of their diverter on off valves. I bought a Grohe sliding shower holder and it has a lot of cheap plastic parts including the wall elbow. It's a stainless steel elbow that's covered up with a plastic crappy looking piece but luckily I found a nice solid monster hunka Delta one for a song. The sales lady said hey it's good to have a plastic shower handheld because if you drop it it could chip the tile
Unread 07-11-2019, 10:46 AM   #306
makethatkerdistick

If you guys like quality and don't mind stainless steel, then brands like "Parmir" (mostly bathroom) and "Alfi Brand" (mostly kitchen) offer appealing faucets made of 100% solid stainless steel all throughout and equipped with Kerox cartridges. I own one of each and couldn't be happier. They are beautiful and solid. No "finish" ever to degrade, built to stand up to hard water and frequent use.

Once you have a finish, it's just a matter of time when (and not IF) it will degrade. Exposure to water will eat into this finish eventually (with chrome being, ironically, the cheapest and the longest lasting finish). That's been my experience.
Unread 07-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #307
speed51133

I can tell you pfister offers a warranty on finishes for as long as you own your home.

https://www.pfisterfaucets.com/parts...ty-information

"Pfister warrants against deterioration of the Product's finish for as long as the original purchaser owns the home in which the Product is originally installed. if the Product is installed in a commercial application, the above finish warranty for Products shall be limited to a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase."

I'm not trying to push any brand either. Just saying I am not giving the guy junk and these finishes are more than just spray painted. I have Kohler, Hansgrohe, Toto, American Standard, Grohe, Pfister, Franke, Delta, and Brizo products throughout my own home. Hell, I even have an Alfi rain shower head!

Last edited by speed51133; 07-11-2019 at 03:12 PM.
speed51133 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #308
makethatkerdistick

Mike, sure they come with warranties. Used my Delta warranty already twice on a corroding bathroom faucet less than five years old. They keep sending parts and you keep changing them every couple of years. Story of hard water. I rather have a faucet without those problems to begin with.

Come to think of it, my previous Moen kitchen faucet was corroded after six years. They did not replace because I didn't have the original receipt, just the serial number from the sticker I placed under my sink after installation. Sneaky way to get out of their warranty commitment. Thankfully, it was just a $60 faucet, not one of those "high end" ones.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase