Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 05-07-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
Terr

Help me choose-Beveled subway or flat?

My granite is kind of busy so looking for a nice bs that is not real busy.

Found a beautiful Jeffery Court glazed tile that is a bit variegated in color and a creamy beige and tint of gold. The beveled sample I have is beautiful.

I think the flat would be nice too and then don't run the risk of shadows I read about or it being too "fancy" but not doing any accents.

Which would you choose and why? (friend installing it likes the beveled and says spacers not needed when looking at my sample piece).

Picture attached is before Absolute Cream Granite installed.
Thanks very much! All advice welcome on pros and cons. Hard to decide when looking at one piece of tile. Most pics of beveled subway are white and not a cream shaded as these are.
Attached Images

Terr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
Hi Terr

I just installed some subway tile with the bevel couple weeks ago and I really like it. Makes the rest look so plain, tile I installed was by Adex. I had previously installed their subway tile with crackle finish a couple times. It did not take away from the countertops though I didn't feel these c/tops were busy.

I did do an accent area at the sink but not the stove. I don't feel you would need any accents. Not sure what you mean by not needing spacers you do need to space it. I used 1/16" never butt them up against each other unless they would have nubs built into the tile sides providing spacing.

Some pics of the one I just did with the beveled tile. The customer looked a long time for something for the backsplash and when she found these the search was over
Attached Images

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Terr

gorgeous!

That is stunning . Nice work and advice appreciated. I ruled out a design behind the sink as my faucet is off center because of my 70/30 sink divide and faucet hole goes on divide. Darm or I may have copied this. Lol
Terr is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase