Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 04-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
jonrhanson

Shower Question

I want to use a rubber accoustic barrier in the shower wall, that mounts to the studs. Knowing that you can't use a vapor barrier + redguard, if I use this accoustic membrane in conjunction with Redguard, am I going to have the same issue with the "moisture sandwich"?
Unread 04-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
Lazarus
Texas Tile Contractor

Possibly...but why use the RG at all if you are attaching the membrane to the studs? Just do the attachment and put up concrete board....
Unread 04-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
jonrhanson

I am not certain the accoustic barrier will repel moisture. It is rubber, and pretty thick so it likely will, but I am not sure. Would like to do both ideally. I am using 12X24 tiles on wall so there are not a ton of grout joints, but want to make sure I don't create issues by using both accoustic barrier and redgard.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase