Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Old 02-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
BlownM3

Stonetech Enhancer or Enhancer Pro Sealer?

I need to seal my newly installed mosaic ceramic floor tile and grout. I also want it to be a little darker than what the grout turned out. Will I be ok using the water based Enhancer or should I use the Pro? Do I need to seal with the Enhancer or will it take care of this also? I am only going to be keeping the house for 6 months and won't be using the bathroom that much. Also would it work to apply with a small spray bottle and work it into the joints with a brush?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Davestone
Florida Tile & Stone Man

The solvent based enhancers seem to work a little better but i don't know how dark you want it.Spray and brush is fine,but be sure to wipe of exces before it dries.

http://Davestonestile.com
Davestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
BlownM3

will I need to apply another sealer or will this take care of that?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
Davestone
Florida Tile & Stone Man

Almost all enhancers are also sealers, always check the bottle though whatever you buy,and pay attention to the directions.

http://Davestonestile.com
Davestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
GeorgeT
StoneTech Rep

Send a message via ICQ to GeorgeT
Hi Sean -

Both Enhancers are also sealers. The Enhancer Pro has a stronger UV resist so it is best for exteriors.
On some materials there will be slight enhancment differences between the two products... Only testing will tell you the difference in appearance.

Enhancing grout is somewhat risky as the resulting color can often be uneven and blotchy. Differing porosity and textures can cause enhancers to absorb unevenly. Again only testing will tell you how even a look you will achieve.

Whatever applicator you decide on, make sure you wipe off the tiles well so enhancer does not dry on the surface......
http://www.stonetechpro.com/
GeorgeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
doitright
Retired Tile & Stone Contractor

Hi Sean

You may want to consider a non enhancing impregnator (since you won't be there long), and this is a mosaic. If the existing grout just doesn't look good, the use of an enhancing sealer is a good idea, but as George mentioned, it must be TESTed, and don't be surprised if the grout becomes blotchy.

Personally, I think a good saturation of the PRO (don't spray), squeegee it around the floor, let dwell, followed by a buff dry of the tiles PRIOR to the sealer drying on the SURFACE of the TILES, will be the most effective.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten."

New to the Forum? - Check this out!
doitright is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase