Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 03-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #16
PGT

So after doing some research it really seems like carrying 8 gallons (color clad) instead of 25 gallons (GP) on each truck is LESS EXPENSIVE and yields way more choices for customers to choose from. I know mixing can be a pain but I think its something that can be overcome.

I also realize that you would need to order more as you will run out quicker.

There are a lot of statements being made that Color Clad will last longer and is more durable then Grout Perfect. Not sure what to think about that. I might get a sample kit and use it for a little and do some tests.

I did hear that GP changed their formula three times already.
Unread 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #17
Stone Dude

The Color Clad is available in pints, half gallons and full gallons. One pint will do approximately 800-1000 square feet of grout on 16-18 inch-ish tiles, depending on the grout joint.

Unless you're color sealing every day, a gallon of each might be overkill. There is also a starter kit, with a pint of each color, a scale, mixing paddle, some empty bottles, shammies and a 2oz size sample set.

You can purchase all colors and accessories individually. They also have a color stick book, which is a booklet of actual color seal samples, so the color match won't be close, it will exact.

I was told by Mike Skala, the owner of CC, that he uses Aluminum Oxide as a binding agent for the color seal, and that's why it's much stronger. I have never found any reason to be skeptical of this. Aluminum Oxide is an incredibly hard, fine powder. We actually use it to refinish granite and other stone.

I used to love Grout Perfect, but it was immediately noticeable when they changed the formula a few years ago. When I started looking around, I ended up talking to Mike and started using Color Clad.

MilleStone Marble and Tile Inc.
MillestoneMarble.com
Stone Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase