Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 09-06-2002, 09:37 PM   #16
tileboy fr mo

I too am the proud father of a 74 lb ramondi, i love it, it can keep up with larger saws, the only down fall i find is as mentioned, the 7" blade has a 1" arbor not the standard 5/8, so u can seperate the wanna be tool supply from those who a true tile tool vendors! MIDWEST TRADE TOOL BUTLER,WI (HEY UPS GOES EVERYHWERE)800-830-8665 "DAVE JOST" AND COMPANY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT OH YEA ITS ALSO UNDER"TILETOOLS.COM" WISCONSIN STORE TO MISSOURI USALLY I HAVE MY BLADES ETC IN BOUT 2-3 DAYS THE ITALIANS HAVE MADE THEM A DECENT LITTLE SAW AND I ASK U FELKER/MK FANS TO DO SOME OF THE PLUNGE CUTS ETC THIS UNIT MAKES EASY, LETS SEE? LIKE THE 600SF 8X20" PORCELINE ON A HERINGBONE SET, IT WAS A FEWWWWWWWWWW CUTS INVOLVED AND THE EXPLOIT MADE ME LOOK GOOD, AND THATS NO EASY TASK(JUST ASK MY MOTHER-IN-LAW)
tileboy fr mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2002, 02:48 PM   #17
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Tileboy, Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you. Give us a first name, will ya?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #18
*Matt*

wet saws

Hello Everyone,
I just joined this forum. I am a 20 year professional in the tile industry and I am CTEF certified.
does anyone out there have a Raimondi exploit 70 wet saw? I got one for free that was missing some parts so I ordered everything I need, got it all cleaned up and the pan powder coated (unfortunately they make these out of steal) so it is pretty much like new. my only problem is the wiring. the switch and pump get wired into the black box on the back of the motor and I cant figure out what wires go where.
also I have been looking online at Ghelfi saws but cant find anywhere to buy them. does anyone know where they are available?
thanks much
Unread 01-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #19
HS345
Tile Contractor

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.

Here is the user's manual, there is an electrical schematic on the second to the last page. Not sure if that will help you. If nothing else, couldn't hurt to have the manual.

http://www.raimondiusa.com/media/pdf...anceManual.pdf
Unread 01-14-2015, 06:56 PM   #20
*Matt*

hi Gregg,
I did look at that but it is like hieroglyphics to me. but I do appreciate it.
I am hoping someone has one and can remove the cover on the electric box and send a photo.
thanks anyway
Unread 01-14-2015, 07:08 PM   #21
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum!

I've merged your thread into this old thread which is discussing the exact saw that you had mentioned. Also if you search on "Raimondi" and "exploit" you'll see more posts on this saw. I don't know if any of them will be helpful, or not, but it's worth a try.

Curious how the new Delta Cruzer tile saw stacks up against Dewalt? Check out the full review and video on DIYTileGuy
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
zeaflal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
I did look at that but it is like hieroglyphics to me.
That is about the simplest motor wiring schematic I have ever seen. If you can find someone that half understands it should be easy to wire. In fact it is so simple that I would be concerned the schematic is simpler than reality. The table below implies they use the same motors for both 115V and 230V. If so, then the motors will have additional wiring that allows the motor to be configured for either voltage. (There are also some obvious mistakes in the table.)
Unread 01-15-2015, 08:02 AM   #23
Sprung831
Tile Tool Guy

I've got an old Exploit 50 that would be the same, but it is not near me at the moment. Let me see if I can get a picture in the next couple days.

As for Ghelfi, they are not sold in the US yet. We are working with them to get things off the ground, but it takes time to get going. Were you looking at the Shark (Squalo)?
www.tiletools.com
Sprung831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase