Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 10-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #16
Mdsims

It's interior. I've scabbed studs before, and that does work well. I need to snap some lines tonight and determine the extent of how many studs need work. I was a bit tired when I noticed it..

The wall in question is on the right, worst part is by the foam board.

Matt
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #17
Mdsims

Measured, measured, and measured yesterday, and drank some beers, and started some work.

Top plate to bottom plate, the wall is out of plumb 1/2" or so across the whole span. Top out. Left to right, there is a decent concave curve to the wall around where the original wall was furred for a 3" cast iron vent stack (which I removed and replaced with ABS). So I hung a few studs (end, center, end) from the top of the wall, plumbed each independently and tacked them in temporarily. Tonight I'll run a long straightedge left to right and make sure the new studs are in plane, and adjust as needed. Then I'll furr out the remaining studs to match the new wood (or sister more if possible, the wall is tight with plumbing) and hang my foam board.

Drywall went up today (the one thing I hired out). Screw inspection is tomorrow. Hoping for a nice long weekend of thinset and membrane!

Oh, and a pallet of marble arrived for me today, 1271# they claim.

PS: I'm not laying the 12x24 as pictured, that's cut stock to be used for trim and niche detailing, and anywhere I don't want many grout lines.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM   #18
Mdsims

We’re rockin and rollin now! Drywall is up and should be done by Wednesday or Thursday. Durock foam board is up. I need to frame out the bench and pony wall for the shower, but will do that once drywall is done. Then waterproof all the durock system into place.

New window is delayed. I’m on my 6th one and they are still coming out messed up with black marks between the panels on the provacy glass.
Attached Images

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase