Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 05-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
cx
Moderator emeritus

StoneTooling.com

I'm sure some of you have noticed the new icon at the bottom of the page that looks like this: Name:  JBIcon.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  2.6 KB

I normally prefer to just let y'all stumble upon the new sponsors or affiliates on your own because if that doesn't work, our ads don't work, eh?

But in this case there is also an opportunity to point out to y'all just how you're viewed as members of this site. Granted, the folks at StoneTooling have been helpful members here for some time, especially in the Cleaning/Sealing forum, and aren't quite outsiders, but they've posted a little blurb on their own Internet blog announcing their new affiliation with us. See it here. Here's the part to which I'm calling your attention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneTooling Blog
The forum at John Bridge is not like most forums on the internet…which is a good thing. The moderators require that users display their first names in their signature and the friendly environment is welcoming to even the most novice questions. You never run into that bitter guy that trolls the site looking for arguments or belittling those that may not know as much as a 20 year construction veteran.
That's all you folks who spend your time in the Shallow End helping the DIY visitors with their projects he's talking about there.

Yeah, John Bridge set the tone for this site many years ago, but it's our moderator staff and you regular contributors who make the daily presentation to the public at large. And people do notice.

So thanks once again for making us look good.

And please do go check out the StoneTooling site and see what they've got.

Don't forget to go through the link at the bottom of the page when you go to StoneTooling to buy something, though. Otherwise we don't git no steenkin' Payola from them.

Seriously, it's the only way they know we sent ya.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
silvercitytile

Send a message via MSN to silvercitytile
Who's

http://www.stonetooling.com/?Click=259

i think i just found my professional mixer

Schluter Kerdi and Ditra installer in Southern New Mexico
Castillo Construction
silvercitytile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
cx
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Where's it take you, Jeffy?

That's the link to StoneTooling you'll get if you click the logo at the bottom of the page. It's the link that gets us a cookie. We like their cookies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
i think i just found my professional mixer
I've found a number of tools there I've not seen elsewhere, Jeff. Worth a test drive through the place.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
silvercitytile

http://www.stonetooling.com/Profilin...&show=5&page=1

hell of a deal on this MK profile wheel

Castillo Construction
Unread 05-05-2011, 05:42 AM   #5
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Pays to shop around, eh, Jeff?
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 01:57 AM   #6
silvercitytile

heck ya JB i'v e got a few brushings a bunch of lil stuff, and new profile wheel coming

Castillo Construction
Unread 05-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
advertguy2

What would that red "Mad Max Milling Wheel" in the link that Jeff posted above be used for? Just curious.
Unread 05-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #8
Levi the Tile Guy
Tile and Stone Contractor

That is a good price on that mixer. I will be getting me one of those in the next few weeks when money from finally getting back to work starts clearing

Grand Junction, Colorado Tile and Stone installation

Levi the Tile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

Hey everybody!

I just want to thank JB and CX for their support. We just moved to a new platform in January and are still getting products up and working on pricing. If there is anything you're looking for let us know. We have a great relationship with most manufacturers.

We have been around since 95' and our main goal is customer service.

Be sure to buy through the link at the bottom and support the JB forums!

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #10
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

Hi Dan,

The Milling Wheel is used to level concrete tables in fabrication shops.

And for the record, Mad Max is our house brand.

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Unread 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Hammy

Send a message via AIM to Hammy
That is a nice banner at the top of their ad leading people to the forums.

Hammy

Professionally Built Mold - Mildew - Moisture Resistant Showers
Using Laticrete & Schluter Products

Click here to Visit us on Face Book
Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #12
silvercitytile

Castillo Construction
Unread 05-26-2014, 09:28 PM   #13
Floorit
Tile, Stone and Hardwood

Just want to give my experience in trying to purchase some MLT products from Stone Tooling/Bonanza.

Unfortunately, the experience was not good at all. I ordered the material on Tuesday, May 6th with normal 3-5 day shipping (which I paid for). I received a notice thanking me for my order and assumed I was ok. I did not need the materials until the following Wednesday, May 14th., so I wasn't very concerned.

On Monday, May 12th, I called to see what the status of the order was. I was informed by Lauren that a delivery was attempted but no one was there to receive it and it was out for redelivery on Monday. Being a little shocked that a delivery was attempted, I asked if a signature was required and was told it wasn't so I was left wondering why the delivery was just not left like normal.

Of course, no delivery was made on Monday, so I called Tuesday and spoke to Lauren again and was told she must have looked at the wrong tracking number and that she would "look into" what happened. Surprise, surprise I get a email with a UPS tracking number that shows the material was not even picked up by UPS until the 12th. When I called to find out why I was put off again and was asked "When is the job" I said "tomorrow". So Lauren said she would "do the right thing" and have them overnighted to me for the next morning and that I would have them the next morning by 10:30 but to let her know if they weren't there by 12. Guess what happened???? No material by 10:30, no material by 12:00.

So, another phone call to Lauren, who must be the only employee at Stone Tooling/Bonanza as when I asked to speak to her manager or a manager or someone who could actually help me, I was informed she was the only person I could talk to. She hen told me they were out for delivery. I asked for the tracking number and......surprise, surprise, they weren't overnighted for morning delivery, they were overnighted for afternoon delivery.

So, end result was material that was ordered a week and a half prior to being needed wasn't available on time and I had the pleasure of being lied to, mislead and bullshit by the only employee at Stone Tooling/Bonanaza.

My .02 is that if you're looking for even the minimum level of customer service, don't bother ordering these products from Stone Tooling/Bonanza. And Mick, you need to align your product with a company that can actually deliver the products when they say they will at minimum. This type of "service" does not help your product.

I will also say that I ordered additional material from Tile Tools/Midwest Trade Tool and the material was delivered two days after ordering.

Germantown Tennessee Tile Stone Hardwood Installation
NWFA Member
CTEF Certified Tile Installer

Tennessee Installer of Schluter Kerdi Waterproof Showers
Tennessee Installer of Laticrete Hydroban Waterproof Showers
"Life is pretty simple:you do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else." Leonardo Da Vinci
Floorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #14
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

Hi Ray,

My name is Daniel and I run the internet sales department so I can assure you that Lauren isn't the only employee there.

I apologize for any poor experience you've had with our company and I can assure you that your experience was an exception.

I will speak with Lauren about what may have happened but regardless, my goal is to make sure that our customers are happy in the end.

Send me a private message with a means to contact you and I will reach out and work on a solution for you.

Again, I do apologize for your negative experience and hope you'll give me a chance to make things right.

Unread 05-26-2014, 10:34 PM   #15
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

Ray, I've dealt with Stonetooling a number of times and it's always been a positive experience. I usually deal directly with Daniel and have been very impressed with how he conducts himself, both on this forum and over the phone.

Anybody can screw up and I would encourage you to give them a chance to make it right. But I understand if you are unwilling to. It's very frustrating to not get your stuff on time when you've done everything right. I've ordered from all three tool companies that have a presence on the forum and have never had a bad experience with any of them. But I'm at a point now where I only use Stonetooling because they've earned my business. Who knows, maybe they'll end up winning yours back. But I don't blame you for being frustrated.

Curious how the new Delta Cruzer tile saw stacks up against Dewalt? Check out the full review and video on DIYTileGuy
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase