Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 09-23-2004, 07:48 AM   #1
tattoo

Exterior porcelain traction improvement

I have a front entranceway to my apartment building that I tiled about a year ago with porcelain and it's holding up well. I was wondering about my options to improve the traction on it in the winter and when it's wet. Somebody at one time mentioned the possibility of using a sealer on it then sprinkling sand over it (as I have done on freshly painted wooden stairs) Any advice would be appreciated, including any cleaning or preparation necessary before beginning and recommended brands.
tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:35 AM   #2
Unregistered

you want to put sand on top of tile then seal it so it becomes slip resistant?? if so try website "non-slip 21", that may help you. kkowal
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
bbcamp

Kathy, you need to log in again!
bbcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
Unregistered

i've been trying but for some reason, even with 2 new passwords, it won't accept it. been under the weather for past four days (strep throat) so maybe it's just me. for tattoo, i forgot to mention that i suggested that site as it takes you to variety of other sites that may help. i think there is a place in quebec that designed a product to make tiles slip resistant but can't remember where and if you can do it yourself.
Unread 09-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #5
tattoo

non-slip 21

I visited the non slip 21 website and even called the company that does the installation. The company is the exclusive installer and does not sell the product. They claim to have done a massive hotel resort in Dubai. My job is slightly smaller than that.
tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
Unregistered

i saw that put it also brought up a whole bunch of other sites with other products- why not a slip resistant mat or is this something you want all year round?
Unread 09-23-2004, 12:21 PM   #7
Jenniferpa

If you do a google search for slip resistant coating tile, you get a bunch of products. For example, something called X-tread "now available for home use!" might be what you're looking for.

Jennifer
Jenniferpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase