Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 03-16-2020, 08:29 PM   #31
Jim Farrell Tiler
dont blame me i didnt vote for him

i have seen enough zombie movies to know that this is the start, im wearing good quality shoes from now on because from what i have seen zombies do a lot of walking
Unread 03-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #32
Houston Remodeler
Pondering retirement daily

STAR Senior Contributor

Why don't undertakers just tie their shoelaces together before closing the casket????

For when DIY isn't such a good idea...
Houston TX area Kitchen & Bath Remodeling

http://CabotAndRowe.com
Houston Remodeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #33
Just In Tile LLC

My hometown in California (Lancaster/Palmdale) apparently is cleaned out of supplies and food, my younger sister (who still lives there) says she's ok for awhile but still worried. Read a news article of 1400+ plus people bum rushing the Costco as it opened and police were called.
Unread 03-17-2020, 07:00 AM   #34
evan1968
Not So Senior Contributor

A person is smart, groups of people are panicky dumb animals.
evan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #35
LAN1870
BATHROOM REMODELING

I'm about 50 miles north of NYC. The store shelves are being restocked with toilet paper but they are limiting the rolls.

I laugh because I have 2 bidet under seat units. They literally cost about $60 each and give hot and cold water without electricity. I have been using them for years. So much cleaner. I just ordered another one as a backup.

I am actually working on a shower remodel now. Silly customers in their McMansion just continued to use their failed shower for years until they finally decided this year to do something about it. The customer takes forever to finally answer me and start the job. Then takes forever to find tiles. By the time she's ready, the covid thing starts. Now she grills me each day I walk in about if I had contact with anybody.

She finally gets the last of mosiac floor tiles after not noticing the salesperson entered the wrong# of mosiac sheets. Look at these lovely tiles!

Name:  IMG_3298.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  88.4 KB
Bathroom Remodeling
"Attention To Detail Comes First"
LAN1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #36
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

Things are about back to normal at the grocery stores. TP, yes. But limiting the amount per customer. Check out lines are a little longer.

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2020, 07:17 PM   #37
Just In Tile LLC

I'd probably let a couple fake coughs slip out in front of her.

I'm meeting the homeowners son at his house on Friday to look at his shower. The homeowner... he's in lock-down at a rehab center. By golly he still wants his shower project to get rolling. I'm finishing up a multi bathroom project now. Gotta love working through the apocalypse, is this a sign your business is a success?
Unread 03-18-2020, 05:02 AM   #38
smifwal

Just read a article saying that Kansas has closed schools for the rest of the year.
Unread 03-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #39
Just In Tile LLC

So has this affected ya'll business yet? I cautiously say that people round these parts are ready to lockdown but haven't shown a sign of stopping any tile work. Of course this can change at any moment and I'm glad to be swinging a hammer during all this and not stuck inside.

Restrictions apparently are getting tighter beginning Friday at midnight per our Governor. Alot of information swirling around but dare I say the change of normalcy keeps things interesting.
Unread 03-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #40
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

A lot of people are staying home from work, Dallas traffic is light. But, as I drive by, I noticed a lot of the store parking lots are full.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2020, 09:41 PM   #41
Just In Tile LLC

Saw a couple articles mention the pollution reduction alone is saving 10’s of thousands of lives. And Venice canals are clearing up from the lack of boats stirring everything up.
Unread 03-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #42
smifwal

I went to local lumber yard and tried the door and it was locked, weird, there we guys in the yard. I stepped back and noticed a sign saying we're here to help, call to place your order and then I see a guy in there so I knocked, he put his hand up to his ear like making a phone and I got it and kinda chuckled. The guys in the yard said they weren't allowed inside, that the people in the office were trying to maintain a "safe zone" So I call and place my order, she asked did you want to pay with cash or card? I said "well you won't let me in so I guess I will pay with card", she said. " Oh well I can take your cash and get you change

My state has closed bars and restaurants and banned gatherings of more than 10 people, home Depot now closes at 6pm, at the gas station you can't pour your own coffee. Schools are closed for the rest of the academic year. I get trying to minimize exposure but this is like the 5 second rule when you drop a cookie on the floor. As Davy mentioned the parking lots of store are full surly there are more than 10 people in those stores. I saw more than 10 people at home Depot this morning. And closing early just means more people in one place at one time. This is a half ass attempt to keep people from exposure.
Unread 03-21-2020, 10:16 AM   #43
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Went to Depot this morning, needed provisions for my update-the-smoke detectors mini project. Seemed like business as usual, except for the woman at the self checkout terminal next to me. She summoned a store employee because she did not want to touch the hand held scanner, the touch screen, or the POS terminal.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2020, 10:23 AM   #44
makethatkerdistick

My Lowe's has better check-out terminals. You don't have to pick up the hand scanner.
At least, Home Depot has created generous leave policies for their employees. I'd hope that will discourage them from showing up sick to work.

Not sure why people are so concerned about toilet paper. The oxygen tanks in the welding section seem a more attractive emergency proposition to me.
Unread 03-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #45
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

Oh...I think I can explain the TP! People are just looking out for their own arses! While there doesn’t appear to be a shortage anymore, at my local box store, every 3rd person is carrying out a huge box of TP.

The weirdest part for me is the nearly deserted freeways.

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase