Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 07-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #586
cx
Moderator emeritus

I see it for only $730 with stand and free shipping from Contractors Direct, Jon. Not seeing it on the Stone Tooling site just now.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #587
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
They seem to normally have the lowest prices on those and of course where I am located I normally get stuff in a day with UPS. Not gonna buy again at the distributor, I was in a pinch before.

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #588
cx
Moderator emeritus

Contractors Direct sells a lot of those DeWalts, Jon. On the sales through this website it's by far the most popular saw.

That price is about 15 percent less than I paid for my first one years ago, as I recall.

And I can carry it!

Unread 07-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #589
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

We still have it for $719. We will be relaunching the page sooner but we've changed our distributor agreement so we are waiting on Black and Decker corporate approval. If you need one, please message me or call the office

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #590
cx
Moderator emeritus

I looked on your site before I posted above, Daniel, and couldn't see that y'all even carried the saw. Didn't mean to leave out of the competition, eh?

Your price includes stand and shipping?

Unread 08-02-2014, 07:12 AM   #591
sas0

Expectations and alignment

Hi, I've gone through close to all 40 pages of this thread looking for help on either fixing my DW24000 alignment or re-setting my expectations. I have two brand new saws opened in the last 14 days, that came straight from the factory. I have tried brand new T3 and Black Widow blades on both.

I just can't get a straight/square cut to better than 1/16" consistently over a hard porcelain 24" tile (rip) and 18" diagonal (~25" cut).

My issue with the saw can't be anything new, but the tray wobbles better than a 1/16", where I would start my cut, so I have to mark everything. But even then, I'm not sure if I should start my cut with a little more twist to the left, center or right. So for now I'm marking my whole 24" line with pencil. Then I'll run a light 1/16" score over the top of the tile, over my scribed line. Then a second pass a little deeper, and finally a cut-through. This take several minutes, 3 passes per cut and makes me want to box these up and send them back.

As my tray moves through the cut, I can also feel light pressure each time those eff'n wheels go on and off the rails.

I have spent way to much time tweaking with the center wheel alignment on the tray. Then, I've spent loads of time trying to tighten or loosen the top-side pressure holding the left-side wheels to the rail.

After hours and hours of lost time, I'm wondering if I just need to reset my expectations with this saw.

My question is, do you think a setter can use the Dewalt 10" saw to make reliable straight/square 24" & 25" cuts, that are NOT under baseboard and need to be within 1/16" to support a clean grout line in high-end custom showers and backsplashes?

Thus far, I don't see how a saw that has this much tray wobble, at both ends of the cut, can ever do this reliability.

Maybe the DW24000 was a bad choice to replace a 10 year-old Italian made bridge saw that could do this every day after double-checking the alignment in five minutes after set-up.

Thanks,
Scott
Unread 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #592
CSS

I consistently make strait cuts through hard porcelain. But I do score top first and even chop through the end to prevent chipping. Then go back to top of cut drop blade and follow score. Dewalt will square your saw for you. I have 3. One has never been to shop. One has been in one time. The last has been in 4-5 times. All with similar use and blades. I think its hit and miss. But overall. It always has an advantage over my old Target and MK's.
Unread 08-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #593
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

No worries CX! The saw was hidden from the site. We had to renew our distribution agreement.

It is back up now though! Link below

http://www.stonetooling.com/DeWalt-D...p/80.00114.htm

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Unread 08-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #594
jondon
Hershey Pennsylvania Tile Contractor

Send a message via AIM to jondon
Daniel, it is listed as 849.00. Doesn't say if you get a stand as CX was asking.

I guess my question to those with DeWalts is there a way to make a table cut adjustment with a allen wrench? I know you can do all kind of things to make it work but for the table to be square to the blade. Don't think anyone here has ever answered they just say they bought this blade of that blade and they do this or that.

The saw should be square or adjustable you shouldn't need to get a new blade to make it square. I am still waiting for this answer and it keeps coming up as a problem. Table out of square to the blade.

My first DeWalt I used for 3 years cut perfectly square. Wore it out. Second one not so square. Is there an adjustment, that we can make

Jon Donmoyer

JD Tile

CTEF Certified Installer #825

Custom Tile Installation in Hershey & surrounding areas

Serving Dauphin, Lebanon, Berks, Chester, & Montgomery Counties PA
jondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 02:27 AM   #595
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

Hi Jon,

When you add it to your cart the sale price will show up

Unread 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #596
Redknife

Any users of the D24000 have experience using the saw to make diagonal cuts on tile greater than 18" or rips greater than 24"? If so, any tricks or suggestions?
Unread 08-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #597
jcmartin217
Flooring installer since 1990

http://powertool.manualsonline.com/m...4000.html?p=11

Jon does this help? It has table adjustment information.

Martin's Custom Tile & Hardwood Design
Serving Central Illinois
jcmartin217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #598
RichVT
Vermont Remodeling Contractor

I made a rip fence out of some scraps of Azek PVC trim board to rip these curb pieces. Not a setup I'd want to use every day but it worked well enough.
Attached Images

Unread 08-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #599
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondon
I guess my question to those with DeWalts is there a way to make a table cut adjustment with a allen wrench? I know you can do all kind of things to make it work but for the table to be square to the blade. Don't think anyone here has ever answered they just say they bought this blade of that blade and they do this or that.

The saw should be square or adjustable you shouldn't need to get a new blade to make it square. I am still waiting for this answer and it keeps coming up as a problem. Table out of square to the blade.
I did this once with one of my saws but I don't really remember the process. It has something to do with loosening these bolts on the main rail. I can't even remember if it's the 4 bolts on the inside or the two on the outside. Maybe all them? You'd have to experiment with it to see.
Attached Images

Curious how the new Delta Cruzer tile saw stacks up against Dewalt? Check out the full review and video on DIYTileGuy
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #600
Higher Standard Tile
Tile and Stone Contractor

The manual describes the process to square up the table on page 9.

I know real men throw away the manual so I have provided a link.

http://powertool.manualsonline.com/m...4000.html?p=11

Higher Standard Tile & Stone
Maui, Hawaii
CTEF Certified Tile Installer #673

Maui Professional Tile & Stone Installation
Higher Standard Tile is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase