Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 06-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #31
Floorit
Tile, Stone and Hardwood

Well I thought I would follow up on what occurred after my original post.

To Daniels credit, he did pm me after my post asking if he could call me on Tuesday, so give him an A on responsiveness.

In my reply to him, I asked him to find out what happened and give me a call. I asked him to not call me just to tell me he would look into it. (my phone rings enough) I received a call Tuesday morning with an apology and of course that he would look into it. Give him an F for reading comprehension.

In our conversation, I asked Daniel for nothing other than an explanation of what happened. I still have not received that explanation. Daniel, on his own, told me he would credit the shipping charge and send me a bag of MLT porcelain plates at no charge, and that I should wait for them to arrive.

At this time, I have not received any explanation as to why the original problems occurred. I have not received any credit for the shipping charges. I have not received a bag of MLT plates.

To be very clear here, I only asked for an explanation, nothing else. However, the offer was made and never followed up on. Again. Sorry to say, but if I can not count on the person in charge to follow up with what he said he would do, I certainly can't expect any of his employees to do it either.

I originally posted this in the MLT thread because there had been other issues regarding Stone Tooling shipping the proper MLT products to there customers. With all due respect to Ernie and Mick, you've got a great product. It is unfortunate to say the least (in my opinion) that you are not getting the support you should get from one of your vendors.

Germantown Tennessee Tile Stone Hardwood Installation
NWFA Member
CTEF Certified Tile Installer

Tennessee Installer of Schluter Kerdi Waterproof Showers
Tennessee Installer of Laticrete Hydroban Waterproof Showers
"Life is pretty simple:you do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else." Leonardo Da Vinci
Floorit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 01:06 AM   #32
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

Ray, you're jumping to conclusions. The shipping was refunded and there is a bag of plates coming your way. It was processed the day I called you. I had to have it go through accounting before it was authorized and then it can take up to 7 days to show on your statement.

When I first contacted you, I HAD looked into it to find where the breakdown was and gave you what I knew based on the data at hand. I had looked into the order records and shipping records and gave you an explanation. You wanted to find out why our customer service rep gave you bad information and I said I would follow up with you...which I do still owe you and you will get. I don't want to make it public why that took time but you'll get an explanation on the next call.

StoneTooling Now shipping internationally!

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Contractors - send us your information to be listed on our contractor page.

Last edited by StoneTooling; 06-09-2014 at 01:22 AM.
StoneTooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 04:32 AM   #33
HS345
Tile Contractor

Two weeks seems like an awful long time to figure out what went wrong.
Unread 06-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #34
Art of Stone
VP of Technical and Training MLT System

“Vision without execution is hallucination.”

― Thomas A. Edison

http://www.mltsystem.com
Art of Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 07:56 AM   #35
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc
Registered Muser

You're getting some free stuff. Do you really need to know a detailed report on what went wrong? Sometimes things get messed up. It happens.

Curious how the new Delta Cruzer tile saw stacks up against Dewalt? Check out the full review and video on DIYTileGuy
Tiger Mountain Tile Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #36
digitalshooter

Because not everyone is after something free! They are after integrity and honesty in business relationships.

So because he gets something free, everyone is suppose to accept this? Don't think so. I realize this is a supporter to this forum, but .......all the facts, beginning, middle and end need to be known. Yes mistakes are made and corrected.

It's good they are working together, but too often, some folks hide their poor service by throwing a credit at folks!
Unread 06-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #37
Floorit
Tile, Stone and Hardwood

Quote:
Because not everyone is after something free! They are after integrity and honesty in business relationships.
by digital shooter

Thank You.

I did not ask for anything. Do not care if I get anything. It will make no difference in my life. I do care that what I was told would be done from day one with this transaction was not done. If you want me to do business with you, I need to trust you. I am foolish enough to believe that some others may care about the same thing.

As far as jumping to conclusions, I've got to say that in 2014 I would not expect a credit to take 7 days to appear. That seems rather excessive to me. Especially for such a small amount. The charge for the product went through immediately, as it does for any company.

Ultimately, what I expect acceptable customer service to be and what Stone Tooling expects acceptable customer service to be are vastly different. That is a situation that is easily solved.

NWFA Member

"Life is pretty simple:you do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else. The trick is the doing something else." Leonardo Da Vinci
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #38
Higher Standard Tile
Tile and Stone Contractor

Anytime I return something it always takes longer to show up on my cc statement than when I purchase something. I think that has to do more with the cc company that the vendor.

Ray I am sure you are very professional in how you treat your customers and how you fix your mistakes. From the pictures you post your work always looks top notch.

But I recommend you make online comments about a vendor that makes a mistake in the same manner you would want to be commented on by your customer online if you or one of your employees made a mistake.

The web is a great place to complain if the company doesn't take any action. But it seems these days people complain publicly before contacting the vendor personally.

Higher Standard Tile & Stone
Maui, Hawaii
CTEF Certified Tile Installer #673

Maui Professional Tile & Stone Installation

Last edited by Higher Standard Tile; 06-09-2014 at 11:26 PM.
Higher Standard Tile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #39
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

I didn't give Ray free stuff so the problem would go away or so I could win back a customer, I did it out of good faith.

Just so there is some transparency, we have an automated system that takes orders from our site and automatically prints them to our warehouse. If the product is out of stock, it goes onto what is called a hold report and we will usually call the customer and see if they want to wait or cancel the order.

In Ray's case the MLT bottom plates were out of stock and my customer service rep wasn't alerted so, in turn, Ray was never contacted. His order didn't go out until the plates came in and when he called, my rep tried to save face by not being honest with him and rushing out the order instead of being open about the backorder.

We ship hundreds of orders a day and unfortunately, machines and people aren't perfect. We have an outstanding record with customer satisfaction on our site, on eBay and on Amazon. I am proud of our company but I am ashamed of the way Ray's order was handled and have already taken action on all ends.

Ray has a right to be upset. There is no doubt we messed up on his order, but as many of you know, it's an exception for us, not a commonality. Most of the JB guys who have dealt with me know how much I care about our customers. So much so that they call me at home on my mobile before they ring my office line.

Visit us and purchase through the sponsored link at the bottom of the page to support the JB forums!

Last edited by StoneTooling; 06-10-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Unread 06-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #40
StoneTooling
Vending Machine

Quote:
As far as jumping to conclusions, I've got to say that in 2014 I would not expect a credit to take 7 days to appear. That seems rather excessive to me. Especially for such a small amount. The charge for the product went through immediately, as it does for any company.
Actually, that's not the case. I have to let our accountant know why a refund is being given and why I created a sales order with a $0 balance. Once that's approved, our credit card processor can take 2 weeks to reflect a refund of any amount and that depends on your bank as well.

Quote:
Two weeks seems like an awful long time to figure out what went wrong.
I called Ray with the paper trail the day after I read his first complaint. He wanted me to talk with my rep and find out why she wasn't clear with him. That happened last Monday and I haven't been back in the office since due to a personal emergency (which is why I haven't been posting as often here the past couple of weeks).

Last edited by StoneTooling; 06-10-2014 at 12:47 AM.
Unread 06-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #41
Art of Stone
VP of Technical and Training MLT System

I want to say Thank You, to both Ray and Daniel.

I believe Ray's post expressing concern about how a vendor is handling our product, is just as genuine as his irritation of not receiving it. I can't say Thank You enough for that, Ray.

I also find Daniel's honesty to be true to his nature and that is greatly appreciated. I don't think many vendors would be likely to give the honest answer in such detail, in a public forum. Especially, when they see I am eating popcorn, awaiting a response.
You did the right thing there Daniel; Honesty IS the Best Policy.

I do hope this has been an enlightening experience for the staff at Stonetooling and their business made better because of it. A simple informative phone call to the customer, asking for a bit of understanding, at least by my view, would have likely been the best way to save face.

So, now I am left to question, "why was there a lack of stock"???
This does not require a public discussion in my opinion, but it absolutely needs to be addressed, as this reflects upon MLT's reputation as well as my livelihood.

Mistakes do and will happen, when nothing is done to tune the system, they happen more and more often.

Again, I thank you both.

“Vision without execution is hallucination.”

― Thomas A. Edison

http://www.mltsystem.com

Last edited by Art of Stone; 06-10-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Art of Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #42
T_Hulse
Tile Contractor

I would like to point out that weekends are never included in that 3-5 day shipping estimate (which is only an estimate). Also, the partial half day in which the order is placed is never included as well. So the order was only 1 day late from the estimate, at considerable expense to the vendor in overcoming a backorder and internal mistake. Also, Daniel's honesty and flexibility in dealing with a less-than-reasonable customer has really shined through. This is a win for Stone Tooling. I have a little online order coming up this week, I think I'll give them try now.
Unread 06-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #43
ceramictec
Tampa Florida Tile Contractor

I just remember as with any new product being sent to distributors things wont always work smoothly. Schluter and Kerdi board and some other things were a mess and I know the distributors went nuts with all the parts and names of things.

I do get mine fast from StoneTooling and never had a problem.
Just got a shipment recently.

Name:  10151858_10152043159800869_4060551633448619362_n.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  26.0 KB
..............^^--Check out our Blog--^^
Tampa Installer of Laticrete HydroBan/HydroBan Board
......Tampa Installer of Schluter Kerdi/Kerdi-Board
..................."Tampa Waterproofed Tile Showers"
..............Porcelain - Travertine - Ceramic - Glass Tile
ceramictec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #44
Floorit
Tile, Stone and Hardwood

Just wanted to thank Daniel for taking the time to call me about this situation and explain what had happened and his actions to make sure it didn't happen again. I do appreciate it.

Also want to thank Mick and Ernie for their time and responses to the situation also.

As I told Daniel, any credit and/or value of product received will be spent at Stone Tooling. It wasn't necessary to do either and I think it's only fair to give them their money back.

As far as those of you who thought I was "less than reasonable" or whatever, I don't think you quite grasped what my concerns were. After speaking with Daniel and Mick, they understood exactly what my concerns were and were more than helpful.

As far as I'm concerned, this horse has been beaten enough.

NWFA Member

Unread 06-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #45
K_Tile
Member of Million SF Club!!

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase