Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 05-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
lasvegaslenny
Desert Dweller

Full disclosure

Since so many people in the country depend on the media for their political information and since full disclosure is such an important thing.....

Then I think for the next election cycle all journalist' should disclose who they voted for in the last election?

Maybe wear a sticker on their clothes when on tv that either says Obama or McCain!

Wouldn't it be funny to see them all in a line wearing their Obama stickers and then try to tell us how "objective" they are.

www.MasterBuiltLasVegas.com

"We are born to action; and whatever is capable of suggesting and guiding action has power over us from the first." -Charles Horton Cooley
lasvegaslenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

I vote in nearly every election, Lenny, although I sometimes wonder just why I bother. But I try also to be very objective in my assessment of whomever is running and whomever is currently in office.

Sometimes I even express my opinions publicly right here on this forum.

Still, the matter of for whom I voted, or for whom anyone else voted, mass media employees included, is a private and confidential matter. Ain't none of nobody else's bidness.

And just how would you have this "disclosure" you want accomplished? Best I can tell we still vote by secret ballot most of the time. The reporters with whom you disagree could simply wear a button of indicating they voted for you candidate, non? Or wear a different button every day and let you guess?

I think a truly "objective" question such as yours would have included all the candidates who were on the ballot for that election, non?

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
MudMaker
The Revolution has begun/Make America Great Again

No need for that Lenny... You already know..
If they have a mic that says NBC, CBS, PBR, CNN, CNBC.. you can tell right away that they are voing Democratic... No need to look any farther...

Oh and anyone that votes for someone that isn't electable like Bob Barr is voting Democratic. It's called default Voting...
Unread 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
cx
Moderator emeritus

Ah, yes, I'd forgotten that being objective is sooo much easier for folks such as Frank.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
Levi the Tile Guy
Tile and Stone Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm
Oh and anyone that votes for someone that isn't electable like Bob Barr is voting Democratic. It's called default Voting...
Unfortunately that is what happened in our governor race here last November Frank. We actually had a tea party candidate (Tom Tancredo) that would have won if it wasn't for the 8% of the votes the bum Republican candidate (Dan Maes) got. He ran even though he knew he didn't stand a chance of winning, and now we got stuck with a Democrat John Hickenlooper

Grand Junction, Colorado Tile and Stone installation

Levi the Tile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
ob1kanobee

If you really want to know what's going on in our political world and just some sorta unbiased news, watch Russia Today on the Internet. I have it on my phone, written and videos. Interesting the stuff we never hear about watching the news over here and I don't get some kinda rep/dem viewpoint.

Rule number one in life: You go with what you got, imperfections and all.
ob1kanobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Frank, when you and your party put a candidate up there who's worth voting for I'll vote for him or her. Until then I'll vote for who the hell I want to.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
jvcstone
Stone Carver

Amen to that brother John

JVC

-- John VanCamp
we should not accept something as true until it has been officially denied!
jvcstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
Kilauea
LT

What John said

2nd generation tile installer
Kilauea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #10
lasvegaslenny
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX
Still, the matter of for whom I voted, or for whom anyone else voted, mass media employees included, is a private and confidential matter. Ain't none of nobody else's bidness.
And for most people I agree, it is nobodies business. However the media folks have a strong influence on how people vote, and the way in which they portray a candidate makes a big difference. So I think its only fair that media consumers know with whom a journalists personal favor lay. After all if in fact the media is 75% left of center then it would make sense that their reporting could not help but be biased to the left...Non?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
If they have a mic that says NBC, CBS, PBR, CNN, CNBC.. you can tell right away that they are voing Democratic... No need to look any farther...
Yes Frank and if they are from Fox News or The Wall Street Journal then we know they are voting Republican. Lets be fair now!

www.MasterBuiltLasVegas.com

"We are born to action; and whatever is capable of suggesting and guiding action has power over us from the first." -Charles Horton Cooley
lasvegaslenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 04:41 AM   #11
HS345
Tile Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
I believe that's known as cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #12
sandbagger

Quote:
Yes Frank and if they are from Fox News or The Wall Street Journal then we know they are voting Republican.
There are actually a number of Obama supporters on Fox, but unlike the MSM the Fox people pretty much let their positions be known to all.

Don't be so quick to make the claim about WSJ. There are two distinct camps there. The Opinion Journal has a decidedly rightward lean, just as the IBD editorials (one of my faves) lean right. The Journal itself is very mixed and often displays a taste for positions many of us consider "left of center." Like immigration - the Journal has consistently been pro-amnesty.

There have actually been a number of surveys of journalist about their preferences. In blind polling the 75% number cited above is pretty accurate until you get inside the Beltway. There it jumps to a whopping 90%.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."

Patrick Henry
sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase