Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 05-08-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
1steven

Need a pro to finish my shower remodel in NE Ohio

I'm in the NE Ohio/Cleveland area having a hard time finding a competent contractor to finish my small 6' x 5' bathroom with a 3' x 3' shower stall. I had to fire the last guy who was a real hack after he put in a pan that you see in the picture. Since then I've had only 2 out of the 6 guys I contacted actually return my phone calls. Four of those 6 guys were recommended by a tiling group on Facebook. Both the guys who did call me back came by and took a look and both seemed knowledgable. Both had great references and photos of their work before, during and after. One estimate was really high but the other was acceptable. Now I can't get him to call me back when he says he will or show up to confirm the job. So I really need some recommendations on guys who are reliable and responsive. The job involves removing the bad pan and installing a new tile-ready EPS pan from KBRS, putting up some Wedi board inside the shower area, fixing some defects in the green board walls outside the shower, and tiling the shower walls and floor, and running tile up 4' from the floor around the rest of the bathroom walls. I have the KBRS pan, all the tile, Wedi board and sealant. You'll have to provide the thinset and grout. Not a difficult or complex job. Please let me know if you're interested or give me a few names and numbers to call. THANKS!!!
Attached Images

Unread 05-09-2021, 07:05 AM   #2
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Hi, Steven, and welcome,

We've moved your thread to the Pros Hangout were all such threads are. Hopefully a pro in your area will see it and reply.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2021, 08:37 PM   #3
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

Steven, how do you know the one guy's price was really high?

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2021, 07:49 PM   #4
1steven

How do I know a bid was too high?

In response to Davy's question abou how I know a price is too high--when I have 9 bids and 7 of the 9 range betweem $2,500-$4,500 and 2 of the are over $8,000--I think that's a pretty good indicator they are too high.
Unread 05-10-2021, 08:08 PM   #5
LAN1870
BATHROOM REMODELING

As a contractor I definitely think that over 8k isn’t unreasonable at all. In fact, my price would be higher. However there could be small regional price differences. I’m sorry but I personally that low end is really way too low. You (usually) get what you pay for.
"Attention To Detail Comes First"

Last edited by LAN1870; 05-10-2021 at 08:18 PM.
LAN1870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2021, 05:15 AM   #6
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

I doubt my price would be 8 k but could easily be 6. Keep in mind that most of the time, the cheap guys throw them in so fast that they make more money per day than the high priced guys.

What Leslie says is true, you usually get what you pay for.

Good luck, hopefully you'll find someone that'll do a good job.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase