Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 05-14-2004, 11:58 AM   #1
hap

almost ready to start tiling...

We're almost to the point where we can start actually tiling our shower, and so of course now I have more questions.

First, we're using 2x2 marble (pre-mounted on mesh) for the floor. What size notched trowel should we use for that? We're also using some 4x4 tumbled marble for accent around the perimeter, and a line of it on the walls. The walls are 8x10 ceramic. What size notched trowel should we use for that, and what size spacers?

I think that's it for now...
hap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-14-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
Mike2

I would have a least two trowels on hand for your job. My guess for the 8" X 10" is a 1/4" notch will be best for you. Might also want to try the 1/4" on the 4" tile but if you get too much thinset squeeze out into the grout joint, drop down to a 3/16" V notch. Same for the 2".

Spacers for the 8" X 10"? Might look best to keep all spacing the same as on the 2" preset on mesh, whatever that is. Spacing largely a matter of personal choice. I'm guessing somewhere around 1/8, + or - a 1/16" is where you might want to be.
Mike2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase