Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 08-27-2021, 08:05 AM   #1
wyerd

New to tiling- help with major problem

This is my first tiling project. It came out a lot better than I expected, but the problem I have is the uneven gap at the top of the tiles and the bottom of the cabinets. Do just fill it with grout? What do you all recommend that can be done to hide it?

This YouTube video shows it better.

youtu.be/lZHdCfdlH6M

Thank you,
Dave.
Attached Images

Unread 08-27-2021, 05:05 PM   #2
fabian55

Hi Dave, you won't be able to notice that uneven gap at the top. I did my kitchen before I needed any tile tools and only used the tile cutting pliers, yours looks perfect compared to mine and you cant see mine at all unless you are coming up and moving from the bottom cabinets for example.

I would not worry, I did fill mine up with the grout which did help out a bit. Seems your group is white, I would just fill it in and it should blend with the tile to make it less noticeable, maybe someone has better option..
Unread 08-27-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
Davy
Moderator -- Mud Man

We usually do a little measuring ahead of time to avoid that situation. A slightly larger joint in the layout would have made that go away. But, I also know that it's hard to think of everything. You would know next time.

All you can do is grout it in or install some small slivers. I agree with Fabian, if your grout is white, it won't be that noticeable.

www.davystephenstile.com
Davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2021, 07:29 PM   #4
wyerd

Thank you both for your recommendation. It’ll fill it in with grout over the weekend.

Thanks again.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase