Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #196
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Sorry for the late reply on this. Must have overlooked it.

The Kerdi Shower Book is an advanced manual. It presumes you already know how to build the basic shower structure. Tile Your World covers everything from the ground up.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #197
LarryM

Been a lurker here for a while and completed my first tub/shower over a year ago thanks to the help of this forum and the TYW book.

Getting ready for shower #2 and will be going the kerdi route this time. Just downloaded the ebook. I'm sure I'll have a thread on it started soon.

Thanks for the great resource here on the forums and through the books! Awesome place.
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #198
John Bridge
Mudmeister

We're happy to be of help, Larry. Thanks for buying the books.

Sorry, jstjr1. You'll have to make your own thread. This one deals with The Kerdi Shower Book only.
Unread 01-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #199
schu777

Address Links broke on order page...

Just a bit frustrating - I'm trying to add an address for billing and get an Internal Server error. Cannot proceed any further since my credit card won't match the shipping address...

Oh well...guess it wasn't meant to be...
schu777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #200
John Bridge
Mudmeister

I have had a couple other complaints about the shipping address, and our illustrious admin, DaveM, has just gotten it fixed. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

As an aside, just to let you know how marvelous Dave really is, he's currently in South Africa on business and he fixed it from there. Isn't that amazing?
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #201
mmhendrie

Schluter should really get John's book. I really think it should be provided as part of a DIY'er purchase package. They can sell it to contractors as it is ,so the old hands aren't paying for it each time, but I think they should market a special DIY'er package which includes John's book. The prinipals of a kerdi installation are simple, but the devil's in the details, and as I progress through my first kerdi'd shower, I realize how many potential errors I could have tripped on had I not had John's book and this forum.

Really think Schluter should have John should re-edit the book to make it Schluter-kosher (perhaps remove items that specifically void Schluter warrenty, such as use of versabond, and might confuse customers to get a kit that says don't use this, with a book that says do), and sell it as a package with the shower kit.

I'd think the pickup in sales from a targeted "DIY package" that might bring a lot of fence-sitters in, plus the reduction in support & problem call-outs from a more educated DIY installer, would more then pay for the cost of the book. And obviously, they could always notch another $20 on to the price of the package anyway!
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #202
The Kid

Matt, you do relize that most of the schluter guys are ex mechanics? If they gave you DIYS any more ammo then you already have than we'd be outa buisness eh! perhaps a biased stance?

Cascade Tileworks,llc
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
WA Lic# CASCATL894QA
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #203
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Hi Matt,

I've been at the Coverings show in Chicago and am just now catching up.

I am aware, and the folks at Schluter are aware, that the combination of The Kerdi Shower Book, the John Bridge Tile Forum and Schluter itself has contributed strongly to the sale of Kerdi products to DIYers and professionals as well. I don't know that we can do a lot more. And Schluter does include a printed copy of the Kerdi shower "Handbook" in each drain package, as well as the video disc that has been included since before I became "Schluterized" back in 2002.

I think our informal arrangement is a good one. Many, if not most, DIYers are introduced to the advantages of the Kerdi shower method right here on the forums, and they are of course aware that all their questions can be answered right here. There really can't be a better venue for up to date information than that.

As to bringing The Kerdi Shower Book into complete agreement with Schluter specifications, well, that's just not going to happen. I'm a bit too hard headed for that.
Unread 09-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #204
david nicko

can't find my kerdi shower book

help! i downloaded the kerdi shower book last night and saved it to my favorites now when i click on it it says oops this link has been broken i am not very computer savy. how should i have saved it and what do ido to find it? i paid my ten bucks to download it if anyone could help thanks

david nicko
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #205
cx
Moderator emeritus

I've moved your question here, David. This one actually does belong on this thread.

I'm sure John Bridge will see it in the morning and help you get another copy. I don't have a link to it.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!

Last edited by cx; 09-20-2009 at 09:17 PM.
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #206
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Hi David,

I don't see a David Nicko, but I've got one that's close. Send me an email with the name you bought the book under and I'll attach the file to my reply. When you get it save it to your hard drive, not your favorites. Save it to your documents. You can put it on a CD also.

Email me at: john@johnbridge.com

J.B.
Unread 10-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #207
house flipper
Greg

noob here

I bought the ebook yesterday and finished reading it this morning. Lots of good tips in there. Well worth the $10 spent!

I am in the middle of remodeling the master bath in a home my wife and I are flipping. So look for my project thread. I'm sure I will have lots of questions.
Unread 10-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #208
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Thanks, Greg.
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #209
Renee1234
Realtor - Chicagoland

Kerdi book...

Does the book address tub surrounds, as well? Considering Kerdi for the surround and believe the book may help considerably with my project, if surrounds are included. Just seems like many posts in relation to the book discuss only the shower building process...
Thanks.

www.ReneeA.com
Renee1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #210
andybuildz

Renee
I bought John's book awhile ago and as far as tub surrounds...it wouldn't make a lot of difference where you use the Kerdi for the most part. It explains enough that common sense will take over for you.

If you're using cbu's and Kerdi over it, it wouldn't really matter whether or not it was for a shower or tub. It goes into detail for just about any app you need.
Just use common sense and you're there....no problemo...trust me.

Andy Clifford
andybuildz is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase