Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 02-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
pilot25

Quartzlock2 Turning Yellow

Hoping to resurrect this thread. I see the original poster didn’t follow up.

I used quartzlock2 on tile about 3 years ago and it’s all turned yellow. The tile is in a bathroom but never been exposed to water. Only swifter mop cleaner. Comparing the color to the original anything that had been touched by cleaner has been discolored.

I have tried grout cleaner, soft scrub, and straight white vinegar to no change.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do about it? Supposed to be hassle free grout but clearly I should have sealed it when I installed it.
Unread 02-06-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

Welcome back, Pilot.

I've split your post from the other member's thread to avoid confusion on both issues.

I think our folks who may want to help will need to know the color of your grout and the specific cleaner(s) you used that you indicated caused the color change.

Photos may be helpful, too.

I'm not at all sure what a penetrating sealer might do to that type of grout, if anything, but I'm reasonably sure it would not keep it from turning yellow when a cleaner was used.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase