Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 10-19-2006, 06:40 AM   #31
tileguytodd
Official Felker Fanatic

the blind being led by the blind.......

why do you want to buy saws from companies that practice deception in thier marketing.
I thought the american consumer was smarter than that!!

Go to our Liberry read the article on motors and Arm yourself with enough information to make an Informed intelligent decision!!

I cannot save those of you who who buy strictly price.............your already lost...........But those who want quality equipment that has actual Value.......youve got to quit listening to the guy who spent 80.00 and did a bathroom floor..............cmon, how much does this person ACTUALLY KNOW about tile saws??

Buy a Felker..........Use it and you'll have something that is WORTH money when you are through, a name that sells!!

List an offbrand name saw on ebay and its lost in the masses.....List a Felker and it gets sold!!
Throw away 88.00 or 199.00 or whatever on the off name saws or recover much of your investment after completeing your project with the added benefit of having top notch equipment to use doing your project.

Dont believe me.............Go look on ebay at all the saws that dont sell
Then look at Felker... or Target................I rest my case.

People.............I am trying to HELP YOU!!!!
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #32
jscotlandr

Husky Water Problems

My Husky tile saw has a problem with the blade wetting mechanism. The jets under the blade guard do not wet the blade. The RPM of the blade seems to "blow" the water into the blade guard where it drips back into the resevoir pan. I am therefore dry cutting the tile. Only cut one tile before I took off the guard to check out the problem. I have tried to modify the holes to get the H2O to hit the blade to no avail. Is this normal? Does anyone elses saw do this?

Scot
jscotlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #33
sandbagger

which saw? I have the 950L and it gets plenty of water on the blade.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."

Patrick Henry
sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #34
jscotlandr

Husky Water Problems

Yes it is the 950
jscotlandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #35
sandbagger

If you bought it recently just box it up and take it back to Homer.

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."

Patrick Henry
Unread 12-23-2006, 02:40 PM   #36
den24

Talking

I had the same problem with my Husky after a few uses.I disconnected the hose from the pump and blew it out,seems like the holes get clogged.
den24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #37
Oakton21

Home tile saw

Purchased one these saws from HD last April 06 and used it to install two kitchen backsplashes w/o any problems. Third time was the charm! The ball bearings in the motor crapped out and locked the motor up. When I took the saw back to HD they said sorry we only have a 30 day warranty. HD offered send the saw off for a charge to the manufacture but you have to have the original box, wait two weeks for a reply and then it will be up to the manufacture to warranty the saw.

My opinion - long term relability and durability of the product is not what is excepted for the price.
Oakton21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:04 AM   #38
sandbagger

the Husky has a one year warranty, but you have to deal direct - do NOT try to deal with Homer! Believe it or not, this is not all that difficult. my fence was not liniing up straight so I called them. Got a real person - who actually spoke English - and she mailed me a new fence. here's the link

https://site296.mysite4now.com/cherv...e.asp?P=THD950

Patrick Henry
Unread 12-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #39
chas22

I believe the Felker TM-75 and the HD workforce @ $88.00 are both made in China
chas22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #40
ChadCapeland

Induction motor, and it's on sale for only $159 now? Nice. Too bad it only does 14" tiles. I need to rip 16" for my next project. What would be something similar but with a tiny bit more capacity?
ChadCapeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #41
sandbagger

I believe you can flip the tile over and get a few more inches. Haven't used the saw, but seems I've read that here somewhere about the TM-75.

Patrick Henry
Unread 12-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #42
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler

Chad,
It's an awful lot of saw for only $159. And I used it to rip stone tiles on a bathroom that were 3' long. I wouldn't have any problem ripping 16" tiles. Get a bigger saw if you can afford it, I say. But that's one cheap price for a nice little saw like that.

And if you want to read about flipping the tiles like Art is talking about, it's in the Liberry under the thread title: Cutting tiles diagonally with a small saw (Felker TM-75).

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #43
ChadCapeland

Ok, so how do you rip a 3' long tile? Is there enough clearance to put a piece of plywood on the table to allow you to pass the tile over the stop at the front of the table?

I'm thinking my next project will be 16x16" quartzite tiles, and I know after doing 24x16 granite on that cheap $50 water spewing mini table saw that I want a real induction motor, but I was concerned about not having the "infinite clearance" I have with the undermounted design.

I don't need diagonal cuts, and I suppose it is unlikely I will need to cut EXACTLY down the middle, more likely I'll need to take a couple inches off a side, but is it hard to use the sliding table when you don't have the stop on the front? I can buy 12x12" quartzite instead, but then I have to grout more...

As you can tell, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

- Chad
ChadCapeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #44
sandbagger

Husky flow adjust...

thanks for the assist there, Tonto.

regarding the Husky water flow problem posted awhile ago.... Just in case anyone's looking, I was cleaning my tray and all and noticed there's a little slider control on the side of the Husky water pump. Never noticed it before and don't recall seeing it in the manual. (not that I actually read those things. ) At any rate, it looks a whole lot like a flow control - make sure it's on "max" if you're not getting enough water.

Patrick Henry
Unread 12-30-2006, 11:13 AM   #45
Captainron

Husky has been good so far

Bought a Husky to renovate two bathrooms. So far, it has worked well. I did buy a new blade at HD - an MK Diamond. It seems to have improved the performance. Don't count on the fence being a perfect 90 degrees.
Captainron is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase