Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Old 06-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #16
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

I fit it adjusted quite close but I am getting this much chipping. I'm not rushing the cut. Is this normal? Acceptable? For reference that cut line width is barely bigger than 1/16"
By the way this motor has never even flinched for lack of power like my felker 75 does.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #17
Fast eddie part deux

Where is that cut edge going to end up ... under shoe mould? Next to a doorway threshold? Are you planning to break the edge with a stone?

Someone mentioned not having a rubber surface on a saw table. Go to home depot, buy a roll of self stick window flashing, its either 4 or 6" wide, stick strips on yur table. Cut out drainage holes to match the casting.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #18
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

There are two diamondback saws one 250 $ and one 4:30 to 430$ one has a nice rubber top. some of my cat address will be going under the die Lexi ke but some butt right up to a plastic PVC grout joint so they will not be covered. And some butt right up to rondec or quadec and they will have a small grout edge.
I did file out the slot for the plunge feature because the locking nut threads were dragging. There's actually a plunger that locks it in the down position but you can turn in a wing nut that has a washer stuck on it and pushes against a sloped wedge so it will only go up as high as you want. that's great I was dragging so I had to file off 1/16 eighth of an inch of the tapered metal casting.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase