Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 06-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
cherij0411

Advice needed bathroom renovation

Hi

I am about to do a bathroom Reno on my Florida condo. There is currently a large jacuzzi tub and small stand up shower. We are moving tub and making one big shower. My contractor discussed just doing a glass shield instead of completely enclosing it with a frameless glass enclosure. I have attached pics of current bathroom, we were talking about putting the nozzle over on the left hand side and the controls were they are in existing shower.

I am having a very hard time picturing what it will all look like mainly due to the shape of the current space. He discussed starting the shield on the left where the vanity ends and tub begins.

I can’t find a picture online of something similar. The existing tub area is 67.5inches and the shower 32.

Would it look odd with just a walk in shower and not it completely enclosed? It seems like wasted space and wondering if I should do two shower heads and enclose in glass?

Also I don’t know if I should do a curb, I originally picked out different tile for the shower floor and if I did a curb less I would continue same tile into the main floor area.

Any advice or recommendations? He also said could turn existing shower into a closet but I don’t want that. There is a toilet closet on the other side of the existing shower.

Thanks
Attached Images

Unread 06-05-2019, 07:01 AM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Cheri,

My biggest concern is arranging it so you won't have bath water all over the bathroom. I doesn't look like you have enough space for a walk-in/no door shower.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #3
cherij0411

Thank you John

Hi John

That’s a concern for me too. He suggested putting the shower head on the wall where that picture is hanging now and the fixed glass panel where the edge of the jacuzzi is now. He suggested the controls on the wall in the existing shower now and leave that area open with out a door and That will be where we would walk in.

Please let me know what your suggestions are for the design I am open to anything. I am in Mass and this is for my Florida home so it’s tough not being there while the Reno is under way.

Thanks

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase