Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 07-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Dfletch1

New 3x6 ceramic tile damage.

Hello, I have purchased new 3x6 wall tile ,nicknamed "Briel" manufactured by Gabriella. The tile came in boxs, each stood up on end in the box of 105. Packed face of one to backside of the other. Almost all of these tiles have scratch's and rub marks to varying degrees. There was no protection between the boxed tiles, and it was a loose fit in the box leaving the tiles free to shift while in transit.

The tile shop has told me the blem's and scratch's are normal and will be there no matter which tile or manufacturer I choose. Is this true?

I also have noticed the label on the box's says 88 tiles per box. Yet my boxs all have 105 in each box.

Can some please give me a little council please? Thanks
Dfletch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-16-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Dave Taylor
Retired Moderator - Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Quote:
The tile shop has told me the blem's and scratch's are normal and will be there no matter which tile or manufacturer I choose. Is this true?
No! Of course it's not true Don.

If you don't like the tile..... take it back, get a refund and pick something else.... perhaps someplace else.
Dave Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
Dfletch1

Thank for the speedy reply Dave. Can you please tell me how the faces of tile are supposed to be protected during shipping?
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Dave Taylor
Retired Moderator - Veteran DIYer -- Schluterville Graduate

Quote:
Can you please tell me how the faces of tile are supposed to be protected during shipping?
Pretty much every tile order I've used, and every one I've looked at in tile and big box stores has been packed the way you describe (front to back).... some packed standing on edge and some stacked laying flat.

Unless a tile pro here-a-bouts' has another take on all this..... notice my DIY'r badge..... If I ordered and received anything..... anything that was delivered to me in an unacceptable condition (like tiles with scratched faces).... I would return it, not pay for it, and/or expect a suitable credit for the cost to me.

I wonder if you received tiles that had previously been delivered and unloaded to another job site, sat unused, then were ultimately reloaded and returned.
Dave Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #5
Dfletch1

Well, I will take them back Monday. I hope they will take them, and give a full refund.
Unread 07-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
lasvegaslenny
Desert Dweller

If you paid with a credit card and they wont take take them back leave em at the store anyway and call your credit card company they will refund your money for you. I always pay by cc anytime I order online or purchase from anyone without a rock solid no questions asked return policy

www.MasterBuiltLasVegas.com

"We are born to action; and whatever is capable of suggesting and guiding action has power over us from the first." -Charles Horton Cooley
lasvegaslenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Dfletch1

Will do. Thanks

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase