Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 08-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
PizzaPrincess

3/8 IN Quarry tile? Can I still get it?

I have this in my restaurant kitchen.....(I think it is called Quarry tile) It's a really large area, and to put a new floor down everywhere is not an option. I have looked all over the universe for 3/8 inch quarry tile to replace an area of the floor that I had to have torn up for plumbing issues last week. Everyone tells me that now it is 1/2 in thick and good luck, I am going to need a brand new floor over the entire area. Do I have other options? Do you know where I can get this older tile? It does not have to be the same color( a sort of terracotta brown), just same thickness.

Help!
Unread 08-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
oma

Well, I have some quarry tile that I won't be using. I think it's the thickness you are looking for (it's old but has never been used). I bought it from a friend awhile back, thinking I would use it in my utility and guest room, but decided against it. If I remember correctly, I have about four hundred square feet of it, varying colors (tan, brown, terracotta colors). It would probably be pretty expensive to ship, but if you are interested, let me know. The tile is out in the barn, and it's ten p.m. here, but I'll check the thickness Wed morning.
oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #3
PizzaPrincess

thanks. THis could be an option for us. Please let me know what you would like for it.
Unread 08-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Summie,

I Metropolitan Tile still makes that type of quarry.

http://www.metroceramics.com/
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
PizzaPrincess

Hi John...Thanks for the info. This place is actually 20 mins from me. Weird. Or can you tell where I am at based on my forum info?
I looked on the site and as it tells about quarry it lists both thickness, but when it says what they carry etc. it does not mention the 3/8 thickness. I emailed them to see if they have it though. I have my fingers crossed.
Unread 08-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
oma

If you can't get it from Metro for some reason, the tile I have is 3/8". I bought it really cheap, and I'll sell it for the same price. Don't want a profit, I just decided to do stained concrete instead of tile on the floors.
oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2005, 12:53 PM   #7
PizzaPrincess

Ok. Took handyman's word with the 3/8 inch. It is actually 1/4 inch!!!! THis makes the situation worse. ANy ideas WHERE to find it THAT thin????

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase