Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 01-07-2021, 09:38 PM   #256
PC7060
...unrepentant, detail focused, over-analyzer.

Nice, love the detailed work. Very clean.
PC7060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2021, 07:00 AM   #257
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Well it's about bloody time. (says the guy who took two years to do his master bathroom. Two. Years.)

Gotta be pleased with that workmanship, Dan, very clean and tidy. Add some pics after the glass it up, wouldja?
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2021, 08:10 AM   #258
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

What kind of toilet is that? Clean looking job. I like the thin countertop. Is that 2 cm? How tall was the cabinet using those tall sinks?
Unread 01-08-2021, 08:20 AM   #259
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Toilet appears to be a Toto Aquia. A pain to install but they work well. I've got two that have been trouble free.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2021, 04:18 PM   #260
arnav

Thank you so much everyone. It means more than any feedback I got in my real professional life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd
Toilet appears to be a Toto Aquia.
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Its a shame they get bad reviews online because of the install. Once it is installed, it is installed. This is my 3rd Aquia. The other two have been here for 8 years. I can say that in those 8 years none of them have ever clogged which is impressive. This one is a newer model with their so called "tornado flush" so hopefully it works just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkski
I like the thin countertop. Is that 2 cm? How tall was the cabinet using those tall sinks?
The coutertop is 15mm thick (~1/2"). The top of the vessel sink it at 34-3/4" so I don't think it is very high by any means. I was able to make the pipes work without having to make a cut for the p-trap in the vanity despite the drawer. The p-trap is resting on the vanity and just a hair out of level so hopefully it is ok. If you tell me it should free stand, I'll make a hole for it.

Attached are pics of the glass and a new fan.
Note that the glass hardware that's resting on the tub is not drilled into the tub. I made sure that he doesn't dare drilling into it. I thought it would defeat all the work that has gone into waterproofing...

I really wanted a Braun fan but they don't make a modern looking one (like these ones) in 50CFM so decided to chance another model from ReVent instead. It sits in an attic so easy to change if needed. https://www.homedepot.com/p/ReVent-5...drawer#overlay

I also added a timer switch as well.

Thank you everyone for all the help
Attached Images

Unread 01-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #261
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

very nice looking.. that white caulk line really looks nice. that metal trim is a nice look. if the drain isn't leaking its ok by me.... I asked about the sink height because people are putting in 34.5" tall vanities but with sinks like that it would be to tall it seems.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase