Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 06-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #91
David Taylor

Paul83 just left a post and deleted it. He claimed to be truthful in all of his statements and claimed UPS didn't have the package yet.

My reply:
Maybe you should check your email before jumping to conclusions. I left you a lengthy email stating which UPS Store it's at, the city and phone number.

Apparently you're just calling their toll-free line.

I also tried calling the three numbers you've called from with no success in reaching you to give you the low-down on your package.

www.tile-experts.com -- Get Schluter products, like DITRA and KERDI, plus live help!
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #92
jgleason
Retired Moderator - Theatre Guy (and computers)

For the record - I have bought from tile-experts a few times over the past 5 years. I NEVER had a problem.

Like anything - your mileage may vary.
jgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #93
cx
Moderator emeritus

Some Improvement?

From this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in Post 84
Spoke with David from tile-experts.com yesterday. To my surprise, he called me on the 4th of July to follow up; I did not expect that. Kudos to him/them for their follow-up - I say that b/c I know others have had delayed deliveries, but if you can, I'd recommend giving them a chance b/c they seem genuinely interested in doing what they can to make things right.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #94
schicksal

I'm giving them a chance - just placed my order. I should've ordered everything earlier so it would already been here; hopefully it'll get here soon!
Unread 07-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #95
JeffFromNJ

I ordered something last week, 2 days later the kerdi and drain were sitting on my doorstep.
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #96
Slumpert

Well my order was placed on 6-24-10 for bunch of Kerdi stuff. Getting on three weeks now

I over ordered what I needed for the job, but I rather waste $100-$200 in overages that I might be able to barter off on some tileing then be stuck waiting for a second order to arrive.

I have not heard a peep yet from them about my order, maybe they will sneak in a tube of kerdi-fix in since I didn't realize I should have ordered some to attach to my glass-block windows and shower pipes.

Last edited by Slumpert; 07-12-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Slumpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 03:47 AM   #97
jgleason
Retired Moderator - Theatre Guy (and computers)

Hi Mark,

Know what I would do if I were you? - Call them!

When you placed your order online did you get an order confirmation? Sometimes even with a confirmation orders get lost. If I hadn't heard anything from someone I placed an order with I would pick up the phone and talk to someone about it.

Tile-Experts 1-877-580-3745
jgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #98
schicksal

Is there usually an email when the stuff ships, or does it normally just show up at the door? Just curious...
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #99
cx
Moderator emeritus

I don't recall ever getting any sorta notice, Shicksal, stuff just showed up at the door. Whichever door I tole'em. And rather promptly.

But I know things are a bit different these days with the online Schluter orderin'.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2010, 12:15 PM   #100
JeffFromNJ

i ordered on two separate occasions in the past month. both times i got an email that hit my inbox almost immediately.

about 2 days later stuff showed up at my door, no packing slip, no receipt, no ring of the doorbell. it's like magic.

2nd time around things didn't show up all at once though, I got a tray on one day then 2-3 days later I got the curb. But both times I've ordered from them it has been fine.
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #101
Slumpert

Joe, I did take your advice and looked up my order # and I called them around 10:00am this morning.

Phone call went something to the effect of he though he reconized my name from something and he asked if he could call me back.

I didn't get a call back today, but then again I never asked when he was gonna call...

If I was to take a wild guess I would bet my order is delayed due to the Oil-Rubbed Bronze PVC drain in my order. Nothing about that particular color has been going well for me so far.
Unread 07-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #102
InJuxHurYlem

My order for 105 sq ft of Ditra in May took a month to arrive. I had to call twice and got no response to my emails.

Then I found out my local tile dealer carries it for 33% less.

That was my second order. My first was for some Kerdi last year and the order was fulfilled quickly.

I understand that Schluter is restricting sales to internet resellers and tile-experts had a backlog of orders. But there was nothing on the site to indicate that you may have to wait a month or that things aren't actually in stock. Further, nobody called or emailed any kind of update after weeks passed.
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #103
schicksal

Well it's been about 8 days... if nothing is there today I guess I'll have to call up. This bathroom project has turned into a huge mess because the stone distributor has been unable to get the stuff I bought to the company I bought from so I can get it delivered, so the floor -> cabinets -> countertop is held up. On the other side, I can't build a shower or a tub backsplash without waterproofing, so the shower-> shower glass is held up too.

That's all that remains on the bathroom project so in a day or two I'm forced to move on to demo in the kitchen because all this house work is on a timeline.
Unread 07-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #104
ajsberger

I've been having a similar issue with tile-experts since the end of June. I ordered the Kerdi shower kit, received the foam base, but nothing else. There was another package listed on the UPS website connected to the shower tray but it still shows as not being sent to UPS from tile-experts yet. The order was placed on June 29 and I've sent emails and left voicemails but never get a response. I can't seem to get anyone on the phone when I call either. I'm going to give it to the end of the month before I take it to the credit card company, maybe that will give them some motivation to get back to me?
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #105
schicksal

Wife called yesterday and talked to somebody who looked and noticed that the order dated around 7/5 wasn't even processed (card hasn't been charged yet). Promised someone would call back later... got no call.

I left a message this morning with an order number, name and number... so far no call. Does anyone know at what point is an order considered dead so I can shop elsewhere?

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase