Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Found usc_block_11 empty, added this: [CODE] [/CODE]
Sponsors

Old 07-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #1
dontknowmuch

stripped the finish off matte tile in shower

The floor of my shower is tiled with matte dark grey tiles. About a year ago I was cleaning the grout using Aqua Mix Grout Deep Clean. (I am not allowed to post a link but you can google it and get the technical info.)
I got interrupted and left the product on much longer than the max 15 minutes you are supposed to leave it. Since then the tile has the white surface you see in the photo. I assume that I stripped the finish off the tile. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Dan,

I'm not sure there ever was any glaze (finish) on those tiles. In any case, I'm not sure what's happened there. Aqua-mix is owned by Custom Building Products, one of our major sponsors. Try this page, maybe give them a call.

https://www.custombuildingproducts.c...ontact-us.aspx
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase