Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 04-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
RedRock
Granite, Quartz, and Tile Installer

Cleaning stains on epoxy grout

Hello all,

A customer has some stains on the epoxy grout in her home and I'm hoping for some suggestions on getting it clean back to the original color. I've attached a picture, hopefully you can see the stains. These in particular are near the stove so I imagine the stains are from being in a high traffic area and/or from cooking grease or oils. She also has some black stains in the bathroom corners that appear to be mildew set into the sand grains of the grout. I initially suggested a chlorine based cleaner and nylon brush. And if that didn't work then to try a steam cleaner. However, I read in here that steam cleaners may actually soften the epoxy and permanently set the stain.

Here are two links that have some good information. Anything other suggestions to add to these?

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...ighlight=epoxy

http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/...ighlight=epoxy
Attached Images

Unread 04-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
Davestone
Florida Tile & Stone Man

Yeah avoid the steamer and acid.I have had good luck with Simple Green,and many of the pressure washer soaps like Krud Kutter from HD.

http://Davestonestile.com
Davestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
doitright
Retired Tile & Stone Contractor

Hi Juan

I would try a tile and stone specific high alkaline cleaner. STT's HDCLeaN is on the top of my charts for being effective for removing soil, oil, and grease.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten."

New to the Forum? - Check this out!
doitright is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase