Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 11-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Bigroc34

Ready to Tackle the Kerdi! I Think?

First post great forum tons of advice and a wealth of knowledge. Thanks to all the pros who contribute to us DIYs.

Here are my questions. I think I have everything ready to go and the next step is the put the Kerdi on. See attached pictures for reference.

1. How far over the wall should I take the tile on the half wall side? I will have Customer Glass over the top of this 4 Foot Wall. Should I end the tile flush with the back of the half wall or take it all the way to the end of the side wall?

2. If I take the tiles all the way to the end of the side wall what should I do about the edges where it meets the door entrance wall? I will of course need some type of corner bead?

3. Should I fill in those gaps around the edges with Hot MUD, Thinset or what else?

4. Should I tile the outside edge of the half wall where the curb will be.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images

Unread 11-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Bigroc34

Please Help!

Lots of views and no advice? I need a little help here. Any takers?
Unread 11-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
cx
Moderator emeritus

Welcome, Chris.

Sometimes it takes more than a couple hours for the right folks to find any given thread, eh?

Some of us don't get involved much in aesthetic questions. Some like nothing better. But someone in our all-volunteer army of helpers will get to your thread by and by.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase