Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 05-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #2746
RICHJS

Tuscan LS--Strap Storage

Hello All:

I've gotten a lot of good advice trolling this forum over the years--thought it was time to contribute.

I am going to be laying 18x18 rectified porcelain and decided to use the TLS. I used the Tornado LS a year ago for 12 inch marble and it worked great. But you need two hands (at least I did): one to hold the strap and one to tighten the nut, and I thought this would be difficult with 18 inch tile.

Anyway, I could not find any information on how to store the TSL straps after soaking if they were not going to be used right away. I emailed the company, and their response is below.

How this helps.
Richard

Hi Richard,

We have found (through trial and error) that ideally 2% moister in the nylon straps is the best.

• Straps only need one soaking.

• Best to soak the straps for 20 minutes in hot water the day before using or at least the night before use. Drain the excess water off after the 20 minute soak and let the air dry the straps overnight (or ideally, let them dry out 24 hours before using).

• Do not leave the straps soaking in water while you are using them. If the straps have too much moister, it weakens them.

• The straps can be stored in an open or closed container, either way.

Thank you,

Christopher Kufner
christopherkufner...at...tuscanleveling.com
Unread 10-30-2019, 08:46 AM   #2747
Lou_MA

TLS straps - now just shipping in cardboard boxes?

Just received an order of 1,000 TLS straps from Contractors Direct. They used to come 500 apiece, each in a nice red 5-gallon bucket. Made it easy to soak the straps right in it, and transport between projects. Instead I got a cardboard box filled with straps. Anyone know if this is the new default shipping method for the product?
Unread 10-30-2019, 09:18 AM   #2748
cx
Moderator emeritus

Why not give the manufacturer a call or email, Lou. We've found them to be responsive in past (see Post #2740) and I'd be curious to see if that's still the case.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase