Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 10-28-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
karlkatzke

Pro Needed f0r Large Mud Bed in Austin, Texas

Long time member, frequent lurker. I’m working on a DIY project in Austin, TX and have found that laying down and sloping a dry pack mud shower pan looks easy when y’all do it but really isn’t.

I’ve torn my terrible job out, ground the floor back to the slab, and need to find a pro to do a 90”x96” mud pan with a big flat spot at one end for a tub and a linear drain at the other end. Problem is, searching for a contractor just for a shower pan is kind of difficult, and they’re hard to visually rate from googled pictures. It seems like I can find shower installers a plenty, but none with pictures of large showers.

Also, I’m not sure if anyone would want to take this kind of job seeing as it’s a quick in and out.

Any recommendations on finding folks who would want and can handle this type of job?

Project thread for any discussion.

"It’s not enough to be aware of the domain you’re working in, you need to understand it. Noticing things and being curious about how they work is the single most common trait I see in creative people. Once you can break the components down, you can put them back together into something brand new." - Seth Godin

Last edited by cx; 10-29-2019 at 08:24 AM.
karlkatzke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase