Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 06-21-2019, 11:20 AM   #16
Catmandu

Yes, it was brand new, bought the same day. I installed it and it was very rigid.
Unread 06-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #17
Elkski
Took the Schluter part 1 class my team won!

Maybe just build a custom niche with kerdie board.
https://floorelf.com/building-a-niche-with-kerdi-board

Chamfer the edges for your bull nose. Wrap kerdie from wall inside. Cut and fold some corners with kerdie fix
Unread 10-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #18
Catmandu

flood test

I started the flood test of the pan last night. 24 hours later, the water level hasn't dropped at all and I can't see any signs of water below, although I only have easy access to the area near the drain. What concerns me is that the top of the curb is wet in spots. I spilled a small amount of water while filling the pan, but only from the first gallon as I was careful not to splash after that. The wet area has now spread. When I touch the darkened wet areas, it's not just damp--there is actual water present on my finger. I thought what spilled on top would not soak in and spread, but rather should evaporate. Is this normal, or something to be concerned about? The 1st photo is at the start of the test, and the 2nd photo is 24 hours later.

The heat's not on so there's no air blowing, but it probably hasn't gotten below 66° inside so it's not cold.
Attached Images

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase