Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Professionals' Hangout

Sponsors

Unread 11-05-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
jasoncpe

High Quality Tile Contractors/ Installers DC/ BWI Area

I've got some projects I'll be specifying that are pretty high end, must be done correctly and due to sensitivity of the tile work, we may be prequalifying the tile contractors as part of bid requirements. TCNA standards to be followed and the contractors will need to be skilled tile pros. ACT certified would be ideal, but at least CTI.

Experience to include use of Noble TS and similar CPE decoupling membranes. The most immediate project will include some applications in high profile hospitals.

Also interested in who does good high end residential work for large custom homes, following TCNA standards.

Any suggestions for contractors for the Baltimore/ DC area?
Unread 11-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
cx
Moderator emeritus

I believe the Noble Company advertises Nobleseal TS as a waterproofing and crack isolation product, Jason, and I don't believe they make a "decoupling" or Uncoupling membrane. Just a note for your consideration.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2019, 10:01 PM   #3
jasoncpe

Understood. Bad/ improper terminology. I did mean crack isolation membrane (minor), not full decooupling. Installers with experience floating mud beds too. I think I found some potentially qualified entities on the CTI directory. I'd like to check wtih ACT to see if there are enough we might include in our specifications. The ACT program, inclusive of the prerequisites looks impressive.
Unread 11-05-2019, 11:51 PM   #4
cx
Moderator emeritus

If you'll be involved in specifying products for these projects, Jason, we've got a resident Noble Company rep here on the forums and I'm sure Eric would be happy to help you with the correct Noble products for your tasks. He's very knowledgeable and a pretty easy fella to deal with.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2019, 01:30 AM   #5
jasoncpe

Thanks. I don't know Eric but was trying to find out who is the regional rep. and it was after hours so I did a quick search, which resulted in me sending a a message into Dean Moilanen and waiting for a call back...was going to reach out to him again next week as we are dealing with some high level tech stuff but this (tile/ membrane) is not the highest priority just yet.

Btw, I'm looking at TS because I'm interested in a low perm membrane that also has good chemical resistance to chlorides, detergents, and quaternary ammonium compounds (imagine commercial kitchen tile floors...epoxy grout, but grout and broken tiles can/ do happen). Large commercial kitchens (as we know) get a lot of hose down cleanings (including degrease/ bleach). I'm thinking TS might be a good product for us depending on chemical resistance of the mesh/ binder; CPE is a good material choice for the application and I envision this/ tile thin set with Laticrete 254 and a good epoxy grout (e.g. Spectralock 2000 IG) (substrate is fully cured sloping concrete). There are other reasons I'd rather not use a a thick mud bed arrangement for this installation but I'll speak to Nobel about that.

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase