Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Tile Forum/Advice Board

Sponsors

Unread 06-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #61
pls

My wife is visiting them today. I have had about enough with this supplier. The second sill has a chip in the front so regardless it needs the front edge cleaned up.
Thanks
Unread 06-22-2021, 02:04 PM   #62
pls

Our third knee wall sill is being delivered on Wed (first 2 had issues) and the glass is scheduled to be installed Thur mid morning. The glass on the knee wall is about 35in long, 50 in tall and 3/8 thick. If I install the sill Wed evening should I be ok with them installing the glass panel on top of it the next day?
Thanks
Unread 06-22-2021, 02:32 PM   #63
cx
Moderator emeritus

Probably, if they're very careful. They won't be. I'd wait at least another day.

My opinion; worth price charged.

Y'ALL NEW VISITORS READ THIS HERE!
cx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2021, 07:47 AM   #64
pls

It has been a long journey but our master bath is finally completed. The glass was installed yesterday. It was a complete redo. I removed the original subfloor to move the plumbing and get the floor flat. Until we started tiling the plan was to have a column of river rock running up the wall with the shower head and in the back of the niche. In the end we decided to go with what I guess would be called a “cleaner” look and eliminated the river rock for the wall and niche. I installed a Moen electronic controller. I really like the look of it. I located the valve so eliminated an access panel that was on our bedroom wall. I really wanted a curbless shower and that gave me the most heartache. To keep the height of the shower area down I used a Kerdi shower tray. I spent a lot of time getting the shower area level and figuring out the transition. The river rocks were a challenge to install. We laid sheets about 3-4 in apart and filled in between with loose ones so we would not have visible lines between sheets. It was a race to get the loose rocks laid before the mortar started drying. The large sheet of glass is just under 4x8ft. It had to go through a window on the landing of our stairs. That was interesting to watch. The floor is heated, cant wait to turn that on when it gets cooler. My wife was going for a zen look so we ended up getting bamboo cabinets for the vanity. They look amazing I think. Thanks everyone for your help during this project, especially during the design phase. We ended up moving the door and toilet and put in a different window above the toilet.
Attached Images

Unread 07-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #65
Gozo

Very nice Phil. Go have yourself a cold beer. You deserve it after a long weekend’s work.
Unread 07-03-2021, 09:10 PM   #66
PhilWA

Wow, looks really good! I love all the technology, I'm a big fan of the LED mirrors and heated floor!
Unread 07-05-2021, 11:49 AM   #67
ss3964spd

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd
Looks great, Phil, well done. May have taken a while but the results are clearly worth the time invested.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #68
pls

Thanks guys

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase