Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 05-29-2021, 12:48 PM   #1
Edodds

Pebble shower tile HELP

I have a flat pebble tile shower floor that had an accumulation of calcium deposits on it as we have well water. I googled and found instructions to soak paper towels in vinegar and let it sit for at least 8 hours. I did that and it seems like it helped the calcium deposits but now it seems like the paper towel material is etched into the tiles. You can actually see where the were laying and the floor is very whitish. I scrubbed, rinsed, re-cleaned, re scrubbed to no avail. Is there any way to fix this or did I just ruin my shower floor?
Unread 05-30-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
John Bridge
Mudmeister

Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Hi Elke,

I think the vinegar might have etched some of the stone, depending on what type of stone it is. If there is any travertine or marble it's etched for sure. A better remedy might be some sort of alkaline cleaner.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase