Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > Cleaning, Restoration and Sealing

Sponsors

Unread 11-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #1
amhoff25

Sealing Italian Carrara Marble Vanity

I recently purchased bathroom countertops which are Italian Carrara and I’m trying to decide on the best sealer to use. The two that I’m seeing with good reviews are 511 Impregnator Sealer and Stonetech Bulletproof.

On trying to find more information online, I'm seeing some saying not to seal and so I guess I that's a question too. Should I seal a marble bathroom countertop?

I'm looking for general guidance on what to do? Is one better than another? If so, could you let me know and give me a few pros/cons on the answer.

Also, I have a few water stains I’m going to treat prior to sealing and I wanted to check what I should realistically expect after sealing the countertops. Will I still see water stains if the water isn’t wiped off after every use? Marble counters are new to me and I want to keep them in good shape but also want to be pragmatic. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Unread 11-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
Tile & Stone Guild
King Of Tile

Honed or polished? Honed can have some side issues when its sealed. Water spots should dry out, what are you treating with?
Unread 11-18-2020, 08:14 PM   #3
amhoff25

Hi Jeff,

It's polished. I was using just warm water and mild soap but could still see them. I did find that you can use Steel wool grade #0000 and it removes the water spots well and doesn't leave any marks on the surface.
Unread 11-19-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
Tile & Stone Guild
King Of Tile

Sorry I assumed water spots meant they were darker. Either of the 2 sealers are fine. Won't hurt to seal it just follow the directions on label.
Unread 11-19-2020, 11:51 PM   #5
amhoff25

Great - thanks so much Jeff!

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase