Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box

Sponsors

Unread 04-25-2022, 06:18 PM   #1
jadnashua
Veteran DIYer- Schluterville Graduate

STAR Senior Contributor

April is Testicular Awareness Month

What most people don't know is that testicular cancer is the #1 cancer for males in the 15-40 year old range with 33-years old as the most common age of discovery, although it can occur in an infant or an old fart. While not super common, the CDC estimates that there are over 250,000 men living with the disease, and a new one is discovered every hour of every day in the USA with about 9500 new cases in the USA expected this year. If caught early, it is over 99% curable. Because there is a stigma associated with it and 'real men' (yeah, right) don't talk about it, about 5% of the people that get it waited too long, and it kills them. Don't be one of those statistics!

In the same vein as women doing a monthly check, men should be checking themselves. There are lots of articles on how to do this, but it's easiest if you do it after a nice hot shower when things are nice and warm and loose. It only takes a couple of minutes, and could save your life. Surely, you can spare that once a month.

About 2% of the people that get it in one testicle, get it in the other one...I'm one of those 'lucky' people. If you have a question, while I'm not a doctor, and you should see one, if you have a question, send me a PM. It's now been 30-years since my first discovery, and yes, I did discover it myself (twice). Recent research seems to indicate there are some genes that make it more common, but testing for that isn't reliable yet. It is much more common if there's history in the family, especially a brother, but if yours had it, you probably are already aware of that.

It doesn't have to be a death sentence or mean you can't be productive, but you can't be productive if you die from it!
https://healthresearchfunding.org/fa...8fd32c54b40463
Not a pro, multiple Schluter Workshops (Schluterville and 2013 and 2014 at Schluter Headquarters), Mapei Training 2014, Laticrete Workshop 2014, Custom Building Products Workshop 2015, and Longtime Forum Participant.

Last edited by jadnashua; 04-26-2022 at 08:18 PM.
jadnashua is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase