Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Welcome to John Bridge / Tile Your World, the friendliest DIY Forum on the Internet

Advertiser Directory
JohnBridge.com Home
Buy John Bridge's Books

Go Back   Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile > Tile & Stone Forums > The Mud Box


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Unread 11-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 120
How does thinset relate to lions and crickets?

Starting a new thread since 90% of it doesn't have to do with my actual build, and the remaining 10% doesn't really either.

I've been a big fan of bike racing, and in my formative years one of the most dominant teams came from Italy. Two riders who would win with the most grit and flair in decades were Johan Museeuw, and Paolo Bettini. Museeuw was known as the Lion of Flanders, and Bettini 'el grillo', or the cricket, and were experts in winning "The Classics". These are mostly Belgian/Dutch races that are best described as the love children of stock car racing and bar fights that happen to wear spandex and ride bikes. They are pure joy to watch, and effectively a different sport from the Tour de France that you may have seen.

That team was sponsored by... Mapei. There was no reason for me to come across building products back then, so I had no idea what it was other than a colorful jersey. Now every photo of a Mapei thinset invokes nostalgia for 90's bike racing (minus the rampant doping).
Attached Images

Last edited by cx; 11-30-2020 at 05:01 PM.
markch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
Tool Guy - Kg
Moderator -- Wisconsin Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
Tool Guy - Kg's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 23,338
Tonto Goldstein... but my friends call me Bubba

Help an awesome summer camp!
Tool Guy - Kg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,759
I love cycling mostly road but sometimes dirt (my ex got the cool mountain bike in the split, well she had it and didn't want to give back so I said bad word it. I don't get in the saddle nearly as much as I should but I am starting to change that, trying to mix up the running and riding
smifwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #4
John Bridge
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rosanky, Texas
Posts: 68,720
Send a message via AIM to John Bridge
Well, as many of us know, our sponsor, Mapei, a world-wide company, was born in Italy.
John Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Stonetooling.com   Tile-Assn.com   National Gypsum Permabase

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
build up height of thinset plus ditra plus thinset plus tile wayne hutson Tile Forum/Advice Board 2 05-10-2011 11:42 AM
Does thinset stick to thinset? Thinset over Ditra Leveling? jaybird20 Tile Forum/Advice Board 8 04-12-2007 08:15 AM
game a tile guy can relate to Bri The Mud Box 24 07-16-2004 06:36 PM
Cork flooring but we can all relate K_Tile Professionals' Hangout 14 02-22-2003 10:28 AM
Thinset mixed with latex additive vs modified thinset Rob Z Professionals' Hangout 35 07-23-2001 11:10 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 John Bridge & Associates, LLC